Our Secret

As comes back with three cups. Two in the left hand, one in the right. Their index finger is hooked through the handles of the cups in their left hand with the middle, ring, and pinky supporting the bottoms and the thumb is helping the index finger. I've never seen anyone carry cups like that. But then, it's probably the only way to hold them without spilling or burning your hands.

"Angel's is on the left, yours is on the right." They tell Al as they reach towards us with the hand holding two cups. I take mine and realize why it matters. Mine is lighter in color. Almost matching my skin. And no doubt it has plenty of sugar.

"In yours, Angel, I remembered that you like three tablespoons."

I nod.

Just as I thought.

As smiles.

"And Alastor likes it black."

"I told you?"

"No."

"I won't question it. I've seen some rather unusual things, so this doesn't surprise me too much."

He takes a sip of his coffee.

"Oo. Perfect!" His already genuine smile brightens slightly.

"Thank you, As"

"Thank you, darling."

Al and I speak in unison.

Asramiko giggles.

"Anyway, I have a secret I want to share."

Al adjusts himself in his seat, turning to me as completely as he can.

"The potion did something that even Asramiko thinks is unusual. No, it didn't hurt me. It hardly effected me at all aside from what happened on the way here and right before you left."

"I didn't think you were the type to draw things out and make the person you're talking to anxious."

"Patients, my dear."

"Fine. But I'm telling you now, that's a bit hard for me."

"I'm making sure you know I'm fine. I'm also telling you this so what is about to happen next is less of a surprise."

"Al, please just get to it."

"Alright, alright. Shadow. Say hello to Mr. Impatient."

Suddenly, a creepy as hell voice whispers behind me. But it's more than a whisper. The voice is as loud as a person talking at average volume, but the sound is somewhat of a whisper. It's not quite raspy either. If snakes could talk, if they had their own language, then this voice would have the accent of someone who spoke it. Yet, somehow I can tell it's masculine.

"Hello, Angel."

I shiver and look around wildly, wondering where the voice was coming from.

"Wha-"

I scream and damn near jump to Asramiko's shop ceiling when the entity randomly manifest itself right beside my head hollering.

"BOO!"

Asramiko and Al are cackling, trying to regain their breath and wiping tears. Meanwhile, I'm trying to see if I'm still alive. Lucky for both Al and myself, I didn't spill the hot coffee on our laps.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

Is the first thing out my mouth.

"Because I thought it would be hysterical. And I was right."