Chapter Twenty-Five: Queen

ELENA

I woke up in a daze. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. I lay on my bed, staring up at the wooden roof, trying to concentrate on everything I could see and hear. The sun had just begun to rise, filling the room with a bit of light. Crickets chirped and birds started to sing.

It all looked and sounded real. I pinched my arm just in case.

I flinched at the pain, rubbing the area with my palm, realising I wasn't dreaming. This was real. Alec was gone.

I thought back to the day before. A knock at the door sent Samantha and I back downstairs.

"Elena?" I heard a voice say followed by another knock.

I approached the door, waiting to hear Alec call my name once more and tell me to open it.

"Elena?" I heard.

I frowned. I knew the voice, but it wasn't Alec's. I jumped at hearing another knock at the door.

"Elena? It's Timothy." The voice said. As if a light went off inside my head I realised it was indeed Timothy's voice.

I rushed to unlock the door and swung it wide open. At seeing his face I jumped at him, embracing him tightly, causing him to chuckle as he wrapped his arms around me as well.

"Oh Timothy! What on earth are you doing here?" I gushed, a wide smile on my face. We let each other go and held each other's hands, Timothy's face bright and happy.

"We came to see you!" He replied. He squeezed my hands, then let them go and gently cupped my face in his hands. "You look well dear, it's so good to see you."

I wrapped my hands around his. "And I you," I told him.

I looked to the side, expecting to see Alec beside him but to my surprise it wasn't.

Timothy let me go and gestured to the man beside him. "I'm sure you'll remember Miss Elena, this is William-"

"Alec's best friend." I finished.

Timothy's eyebrows lifted in surprise. "Yes, that is correct."

William was about to kneel when Timothy swiftly tapped his shoulder with the back of his hand, causing William to look up and see Timothy shaking his head.

"Oh right, my apologies." He said, standing back up straight. He held out his hand. "It's good to see you again Your- Miss! Elena." He stammered, correcting himself.

I laughed at his nervousness and gladly shook his hand. "It's good to see you again William. Alec must have been very happy to see you."

William let out a shaky laugh. "Yes Miss, he was."

"Before I forget," I started. "This is my friend, Samantha." I gestured for Sam to come outside, which she gladly did. She waved hello at the two in front of me.

"She knows," I added to the two men with a wink.

A simultaneous "ah" resulted from the both of them, followed by a nod of the head.

"This is Sir Timothy, and William- Xander's best friend." I told Samantha as I gestured to them both.

"Lovely to meet you both." Sam said.

"Likewise." Was their reply.

Timothy turned to me. "You seemed to have settled in well my darling."

I smiled. "I have."

"Well I'd love to hear everything I've missed! That's almost two years of my life without you!" He told me.