Chapter Five: Garments

EMILIA

"Ah, Cassian!" Called my mother happily, turning her attention to the figure walking steadily towards us.

I watched as Cassian walked in our direction, the sight of him made me realise my time left here at home was almost done. Stopping when he reached us, Cassian kneeled down on one knee and bowed his head, resting his elbow on top of his knee. I could see some type of material tucked under one of his arms but I couldn't tell exactly what they were.

"Your Majesties." He said respectfully.

"You're right on time my dear. Did Timothy give you the garments?" Mother asked him.

"Yes Your Majesty." He replied, his head still bowed.

My mother turned to me and gently placed her hand on my arm. "My darling you are to change into your new clothes before you leave." She informed me.

I frowned. "Change? Mother what-"

Mother simply smiled and turned her attention once again to the young guard kneeling in front of us before I could finish. "Cassian from this instant you will take it from here; you will inform the Princess of everything that needs to be done. From now on you build each other's trust. Understood?"

Cassian nodded. "Yes Your Majesty."

At once he stood up and took the bunch of material from under his arm. As he took a step towards me my eyes locked onto his blue ones for a second before he bowed his head once more, reaching out with both hands to hand me the .. garments?

"Your Majesty, before we enter Celia you must change into these clothes. They will help you blend in." He told me.

I took the wrinkled clothes in my hands and examined them. Cassian straightened up and gestured to the clothes I was holding, revealing in his own hands another pile of clothes.

"Forgive me for creasing them Your Majesty, but Timothy suggested it would help with the look of it all," he explained. He must have sensed my confusion because he quickly held up the clothes in his hands. "I will change too Your Majesty, don't worry."

I turned to my mother. "Mother-"

"Listen to what he says my darling. He is now your guardian. You must learn to trust him." She encouraged me softly with a nod.

I sighed and looked at Cassian who smiled a small smile accompanied with a small nod of his head.

"As you wish," I whispered in reply.

"Martha please accompany Emilia and Cassian to the spare rooms on the east wing, and please help Emilia get changed." My mother told Mar, who bowed in compliance. "Cassian, you may use the room right across from them." She added.

Cassian bowed. "Thank you Your Majesty."

Mar came to my side and held my elbow, gently leading the both of us to the east wing. As we reached the hallway of the east wing, Cassian bowed to me before separating from us as we entered the room.

"He's quite handsome isn't he?" Mar started as she helped me remove the pieces of my dress.

I chuckled and gave my best friend a look. "Mar, handsomeness isn't going to help me get through two years in a new place, with new people and new.. new everything."

Mar shrugged as I watched her straighten out my new clothes. They were simple. A simple coloured blouse with a long skirt and boots. The longer I looked at them the longer I didn't mind them. Then a thought entered my head.

"This won't match any of my clothes in my bags!" I claimed, gesturing to the clothes.

This time Mar chuckled. "Yes they will Your Majesty, you just don't know because you didn't pack them."