Chapter 2

Chapter 2 ━━ Bad Dreams Comes True

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Hedeon levels the revolver at the chest of his victim. There's no emotion in him to feel guilty or sorrow. It's only blank. There's nothing more than void. "Hail Red King." 

The scared man on the ground speaks, his voice a soft plea, tears running down his face. "Нет пожалуйста. Не делай этого. Умоляю вас. Моя дочь. У нее есть только я. Пожалуйста-" (No, please. Don't do this. I beg you. My daughter. She only has me. Please-) 

"Ваша дочь умерла первой, Михаил. Я убил ее голыми руками." (Your daughter was the first to die, Mikhail. I killed her from my bare hands) 

With a breath and a blink of an eye, a shot muffles, as though the sound travels through sea water to his ears. He watches, still, as the other man stumbles back and stares down at the red blossoming spot at his chest, before he collapses.  

Hedeon walks to the lifeless body of his mission. Crouching down, he stares at the pool of blood spreading all over the floor before soaking his hand with his victim's blood. The symbol of his victory.  

A dark, sickening smile spreads all over his face before he wipes his bloody hand from his charcoal black uniform.

Hedeon snaps open his eyes in a panic to notice him in a moving car. Relief floods into her as he sets his eyes on the blonde in the driving seat. 

This goes unnoticed by Yelena. She raises her eyebrow, her eyes penetrating into him observing every one of his movements while trying her best not to crash the car in the process. "Everything okay?" 

Hedeon sighs in exhaustion and rubs his eyes. "Плохой сон." (A bad dream)

Yelena lets his response slide even though she's not satisfied with it. "There's a safe house. We'll arrive soon. You can have a bath and change into new clothes. You stink." 

An amused smile makes it to Hedeon's face. "Am I now?" 

"You do." She smiles lightly before the car comes to a stop. She grabs two backpacks from the backseat and tosses one to his lap. "Get your ass out." 

Hedeon throws the backpack over his shoulder and opens the door to step out. He bites his tongue as his leg is immersed in pain as his foot makes contact with the ground. Closing the door, he sighs before limping in a fast pace to catch up with Yelena, who has her backpack over her shoulders. 

They make it to the elevator and she clicks on the floor number as Hedeon leans into the glass window lazily. 

Pregnant silence fills in the air before Hedeon speaks. "What's the plan?"