Chapter 15

Chapter 15 ━━ Never Meet Your Heroes, Bro

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Heather let out a loud snore, pretending to be fast asleep as Clint silently moves around the room in the dark.

The former Avenger occasionally bumps into things then and there with the lack of his eyesight, but he doesn't bother to turn on the lights.

"Snoopers gonna snoop." Heather whispers and the hero jumps in surprise.

Clint places a hand over his heart, striving to steady his heart beating. "You almost gave me a heart attack, you dipshit!"

"Where are you going?" Heather asks, getting off the bed, trying his best not to wake the kids.

"Uh, I was gonna go get some food to eat." Clint says, keeping his tone at the lowest level.

"We ate like a half of that restaurant."

Clint shrugs. "Still hungry."

"Oh, cool. I'll come with you." The raven headed says, looking down at his hoodie and pants. "You're lucky I didn't bring my SpongeBob pyjamas."

"Nah, dude, it's okay. I can eat alone." Clint shakes his head.

Heather raises an eyebrow. "What are you getting?"

"Uh, Chinese."

"Dude, I love Chinese..." Heather trails off, putting on his shoes.

"Barney. I can eat alone, it's okay."

"You're not going alone. Come on." Heather insists, getting up and leading the Avenger to the door, without stumbling into anything in the process with the help of his super soldier vision.

They exit the hotel and walk down the street in the moonlight. There aren't many people out, but the city is bright with lights with the colours of Christmas. Red and green.

"You're after the ninja. Am I right or am I right?" Heather queries, his hands buried deep in his hoodie pockets. The hood is shielding his face. "My question is, why are you after him?"

"That ninja is pretending to be someone else." Clint explains.

"Someone's not Someone, and when we find out who that someone really is, Someone's in big trouble. Got it."

"We're just gonna talk to him. That's it, all right?" Clint states and the younger brother nods. "No more questions?"

Heather shrugs. "Nope. Not at all."

Not satisfied with his answer, Clint asks. "So you risk your life on this just like that?"

Heather briefly takes his gaze from the street to look at his brother. "I trust you?"