Chapter 32

Chapter 32 ━━ 2R

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Hedeon heads into the SHIELD headquarters, finishing his delicious donut and dumping the wrappers into the garbage bin.   

"What a pleasure." He smirks at Agent Hill who walks up to him with a notepad in her hand. "Gotta tell you that black suits you very much."   

"Alright, Hedeon. You can stop flirting now. He's in his office."   

Giving a quick salute jokingly, he leads himself to the elevator. For the last eleven months, he has been working as a Shield agent to redeem his redemption. He is not done, not yet. But it's satisfying enough for him every time he does something good. And he doesn't regret choosing to follow his redemption after the incident at New York. 

After the last time he saw her. His heart pains every single time at the memories of his favourite blonde. His Yelena. 

Hedeon just wishes to know if Yelena is doing okay without him. There were sleepless nights he thought about her nonstop. He misses her. 

He misses her like the moon misses the sun, destined to chase it until the end of the time. 

He couldn't unlove her. And he didn't want to. He has fallen in love many times... Always with her. 

Did she move on? 

As selfish as it sounds, he hopes she hasn't. If not, there's no way he'll survive for the rest of his life without her or worse, watch her being happy with someone else other than him. The thought itself makes him clench his jaw. 

Once he finds himself walking through the long corridor that leads to Fury's office silently, he sighs. Then he slides through the door to see Nick Fury looking out of the large glass walls. 

"You're late again, Agent Klimova." 

"I drive a car. Not a Quinjet." Hedeon sasses, taking a seat. "What do we have here?" 

"I have bad news." Director Fury turns to the Agent and pushes the file with the details of his next mission to him. 

"You always have bad news." Hedeon scoffs and flips through the papers in the file to dig into the details of his mission, only to come up with a photo of a familiar brunette. "I remember her."

"Olga Popov, 28, a former Widow of the Redroom. Found the body in a dumpster with a sliced throat, three broken ribs, a broken leg and a broken arm." Director Fury says and motions the supersoldier to look into the next photo.

"She kept a message." Director Fury says and tosses a locket at the supersoldier, who catches it without a sweat. Inside the locket, he finds a note.

"2R?"

"Red Room's successor agency."

Hedeon freezes at the mention of Redroom. "What do you mean redroom is still active? I saw Dreykov dying in my own eyes." 

"Dreykov might be dead. But someone is still messing with his motives. Someone who knows the secrets of Redroom." 

"It is not possible. Yelena freed all the Widows. And I talked to Melina and Alexie few days ago. They're in Bali on a vacation doing whatever they're doing which is not evil I can assure you." Hedeon says, leaning into his seat as irritation consumes him. "And I'm here. Listening to your bullshit. That's all we got to cover the redroom." 

"What if there's someone you missed. You went through Tahiti and you were erased few times back in redroom." Director Fury points out. 

"I remember everything, alright?!" Hedeon yells with denial even though it is nothing but a lie. He vividly remembers every detail of his missions and his victims. But there are still massive black holes in the darkest parts of his life aka the void life he lived as Destroyer under the control of his father.

"There he is." Nick says, pulling Hedeon out of his thought bubble to notice another figure walking into the room. "This is special agent Noah Coulson of SHEILD's behavioural Analysis unit. He's a consulting profiler who specializes in crime." 

Hedeon raises an eyebrow at the dirty blond, who is probably in his late twenties or even early thirties but can be easily mistaken for a noisy teenager with the choice of his clothing. Yellow bomber jacket, baseball cap, black sport shirt, black jeans and high-cut sneakers. "You don't look like a profiler." 

"Yeah, I get that a lot." Noah tells with a careless shrug. 

"He's the only son of my second hand. I trust him with this mission just as I trust this with you, Agent Klimova." Nick Fury reminds the supersoldier. 

"Whatever. I have a birthday to celebrate. I'm out." Hedeon says, jogging out of the room in a hurry. He just wants to clear his mind if he is to go on the mission. 

"I'll escort him out." Noah says to the dark skinned man with an eye patch before following the supersoldier. When he finds Hedeon standing near the elevator, he speaks. "You know, I'm really starting to not like you." 

Hedeon turns his head to face the dirty blond with a sarcastic smile, his hand gripping into the file with mission details. "Oh, come on! Not like me? You don't even know me. We could have a lot in common." 

Noah scoffs, crossing his arms. "Maybe I don't know you, but I've been building a profile on you. I've been tracking you for a while. So let me take a crack at who I think you really are." 

Hedeon waves his bare hand for him to continue as the elevator door clicks open whilst both of them stroll in. "Sure thing. Yeah." 

"Hedeon Nikita Dreykov. Went by Destroyer when you were in redroom." 

Selecting his destined floor, Hedeon leans to the railings. "Mmm-hmm." 

"Son of General Dreykov. Mother died giving birth to you. Half sister was killed by Natasha Romanoff. Forced to join the redroom when you were only five years old. Best friend Yelena Belova. Years later you were rescued from redroom by Yelena and two of you helped Natasha to bring down the redroom. Even though you ended up in between a supersoldier experiment on the way, the three of you successfully destroyed the redroom. Then you proposed to Yelena who happened to be your girlfriend at the time while falling to death. And then poof!" Noah throws his hands in the air dramatically to imitate an explosion. "You're dead. Somehow the supersoldier serum in you kicked in and kept you alive just enough to screw your brain with Tahiti all thanks to Natasha Romanoff. And you're back with a new identity and no past memories. Suddenly you're Hedeon Barton, the younger brother of Clint Barton. You went to New York, worked with Hawkeye and Kate Bishop to kick some asses and got your memories back. Then you got the job in SHIELD. But you're not here for the money." 

"Are you insane? I love the money." Hedeon states, mockingly. 

"I'm not done yet. I'm just about to get to the good part." The dirty blond says and former Destroyer patiently waits for the young Agent to continue. "You're here just to prove yourself all over again, prove that you're better than what you used to be and that you're worthy." 

"Worthy of what? This speech?" Hedeon asks with an amused smirk. Part of him is curious to know what the young Agent's head has in his mind stocked about him. 

"Your redemption." Noah replies just as the elevator clicks and opens at Hedeon's destination. 

"Congratulations, Mr profiler. I'll see you tomorrow evening." Hedeon pats on the shoulder of his new partner and exits the elevator. 

It's time to celebrate a birthday.