Chapter 39

Chapter 39 ━━  Marry Me?

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Recovering is the hardest part after the incident of Red King for Hedeon Nikita Dreykov. It takes him months to completely heal both physically and mentally. 

For the first time of his life, things are getting better and flowing smoothly. He is surrounded by people who love him unconditionally. And he has her by his side. 

Yelena never left his side after the incident, taking care of him as if she's paying off her childhood debt to him. The two of them are now at Barton residence, in Hedeon's room, just laying on the bed making small talks. 

"If I know what love is, it is because of you. So... Boss. What are your orders? I can satisfy your desires." Hedeon grins cheekily, laying back on with his one arm wrapped around her body and the other hand when he runs his fingers over her blonde hair. "I know I'm corny." 

Yelena smiles into his chest, playing with the hem of his shirt. "Do you finally admit it?" 

"I'm just joking." He gives an elegant shrug but his expressions turn into a grim once he realises how silly he sounded. "Am I really corny?" 

"Yes, you are." She flickers a piece of curly blonde hair behind her ear as she stares at his fully shaved face which has taken ten years off his face. 

Feeling eyes on him, he turns to meet Yelena, watching him with an unusual expression all over her face. "What?" 

"I'm trying to read your mind." 

"Go on. Read my mind." 

"Spare the dirty jokes." 

"Dammit, woman, you read my mind." 

"It's my special magical power. I can read your mind when you're thinking dirty thoughts." Yelena wraps her arm around his waist before pulling him closer and placing a kiss on his forehead. "Marry me?" 

"Wait. I am the guy here." Hedeon whines like a child. "I was planning to propose you again with a surprise when we're on common terms." 

"Well, you still can. I swear I'll act surprised." Yelena admits with a grin. "What about your job?" 

"I'm quitting. You know, a totally hot girl asks me to quit and spend the rest of my life with her. Like I'm gonna say no." He winks at her.

She bats her eyelashes as she uses her sarcastic tone. "So throw me under the bus, just like that, Heh-Dey-Aan?" 

He chuckles and squeezes her to him. "Yeah. Throw, push, shove..."

With a playful smirk, Yelena lifts herself to hover over him, resting her arms beside the man whilst he unconsciously wraps his arms around her waist to keep her steady. "And what if I decide to drag you down with me?"