Chapter 38- Dad

"You sure you want to do this, sweetheart?" My mom asked

"I need to do this" I told her.

After making the decision to talk to my dad she was doing everything possible to keep him away from me. She nodded slowly and stepped out of my hospital room.

Did I mention yet how much I would love to leave this place? I hate being in the hospital. The nurses may be nice but the food is gross and the bed is uncomfortable. I know I'll be going back to my moms after. But everything I own is at the apartment.

I shook off the thought of going back and waited in silence for my Dad. It felt like hours later when he finally knocked on the door.

"Come in"

My dad made his way into the room slowly. He basically looked the same. His hair was grey in some spots and looked a little healthier than when left. "Your Mom said you wanted to see me"

I pointed at the chair by the window" Yep. You can sit if you want"

"Id rather stand"

"Have it your way then"

I picked at my blanket trying to find words but he spoke first. "Michael is a good kid"

A smile formed on my face seconds later. "he's one of the best people I've ever met"

"I didn't know what to think when some Australian boy with bright red hair showed at my door asking for, Well more like demanding for me to come with him"

I laughed "He can be pushy sometimes"

"I honestly didn't think you would want me here. But he said he didn't know if you would make it and I wanted to have the chance to apologize."

"Dad-"

"No let me finish" he rubbed his palms on his jeans. "I'm so sorry, Riley. I promise there wasn't a day that went by I didn't think about you, about your mom. I did what I had to do for you both."

My hands started to shake as anger swelled inside of me. "You did what you had to do? You walked out on us and never came back. Never wrote, never called. Nothing. You didn't leave for us. You left because you're selfish."

"Riley I promise you-"

"Don't. You left us. You left me and more importantly you left my mom. It broke her and I was left to pick up the pieces. I WAS SEVEN. I spent so many nights wondering why my own father wouldn't want me and it took me almost dying for you to finally show up. I hope you're a better father to my sister because we both know you were never one to me."

I could feel my blood pressure rising. I needed to calm down before the nurses come flying in. "I love you and your mom, Riley. After everything I put you through I couldn't come back. Then when my wife had your sister I wanted to tell you more than anything. But your mom wouldn't let me."

"DONT YOU DARE PUT THIS ON HER. IF YOU WERENT A FUCKING DRUNK NONE OF THIS WOULDVE HAPPENED"

My heart monitor started to beep. "Damnit" I cursed.

My dad's head snapped to the machine. "What's going on? Are you okay? Do I need to get someone?" I ignored him. "Riley answer me, please"

"Get out."

"Not until I know you're okay!"

"I SAID GET OUT"

Two nurses came running in the door. Blondie started taking readings of everything and the brunette Karen started taking my vitals. "What's goin on kid-o?"

"Please tell him to leave" I told her

"Riley" my dad said softly

"Sir I could you step into the hall please" Karen said

"I'm her father!"

"Sir, I don't care if you're the president. You're upsetting her. You need to leave or I'm calling security. I will not ask you again."

He glanced at me then the door. "I love you"

A/N: Had to add some Daddy drama there. Probably two more chapters then an epilogue!