Chapter 33 - Dreams

~
~

"Oh just kiss me, you douchehat" I told Michael, pulling him close.

The corner of his mouth raised into a smirk. "You just called me a douchehat and you expect me to kiss you?"

I ran a hand up his chest to his face and around to his neck. I softly ran my fingers through his red hair and felt him shutter. "stop it" he said in a raspy voice.

I tugged at his hair causing his mouth to part slightly, I took this as a chance to connect my lips to his. For some reason I was freezing but the minute our lips connected my body was a full blown fire. He pulled his face from mine "You play dirty"

"You know you wouldn't want me to play any other way" I replied.

"That may be but-"

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* The sound was so loud and overwhelming.

"WHAT IS THAT NOISE?" I yelled

Michael looked at me like he was confused "what noise, Ri?"

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"You don't hear that?" My voice was distant. Michael became blurry. "Mikey?" Then he was gone.

My eyes slowly opened and I was in my hospital room. The familiar beep of my machines.

I looked around and saw the sleeping kitten like boy in a chair by the window. My chest felt a little more light but I was still drowsy from whatever they have me earlier. I figured a nap couldn't hurt. It looked dark and Michael was still asleep, meaning it was probably still night time. I closed my eyes and drifted off.

***

I was back in mine and Adams room. He was there, screaming at me "you stupid bitch" he yelled "you can't protect him. Someone's gonna find out eventually"

"I have to try!" I yelled back

He took a swing and I flinched. Adam stopped right before he hit me in the face. "DO IT" I screamed "YOURE SUCH A BIG STRONG MAN. HIT ME YOU BASTARD"

He was frozen. His body didn't move, didn't blink. "Adam?"

"He won't be moving anytime soon" a voice said from behind me

I spun around. Ashton was there "Ash? What are you doing here?"

"Monitoring your dreams of course" he said

I lifted an eyebrow, confusion written all overt face "Basically I'm here to make sure you don't dream about anything stressful. Helps the real life healing"

"Wait are you real?" I asked

He giggled. Of course he giggled. "No, I'm from your subconscious"

"But why are you Ashton?"

"He's someone you trust" Ash, well my subconscious told me

"Why not Carly or something? I trust her" I asked. Carly was my best friend, so why would my 'subconscious'
disguise itself as Ashton?

"I don't make the rules" the giggly Australian said

"You're so-" *CRASH*

My eyes snapped open. Michael was on bent over picking something up, muttering curse words "shit shit shit. Where are the paper towels"

"What did you spill?" I asked, almost not recognizing my own voice

He stood up straight and looked at me. I studied him. The whites of his eyes were red, he looked kinda sick. He was on a big sweater. Michael looked so cuddley I wanted to cry.

"You're awake, great. I need to go get the nurse" he said and rushed out.

"But-" he was gone before I could finish my sentence.

It was hard to keep my eyes open so I didn't. I soon slipped back into my sleep before he returned.
~
~

A/N: Weird filler chapter. The ride will be coming to an end soon. Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle until it comes to a complete stop. Thank you for riding.