Chapter 31 - There's been an incident

A/N: I don't know about medical stuff so if anything seems inacurate. lol oops

~

~

Riley.

My lungs were on fire, my ribs were throbbing. I kept my eyes shut to keep away the nausea. "I'm going to need a bag of O neg. She's beelding internally and when I find where we will need it." I voice said.

As I listened more closely I heard beeping and the sound of various people shuffling around the room. It felt like something was down my throat. I felt a sharp pain in my arm and my eyes snapped open. "Wha-"

"Dr. Davis, she's waking up"

A man began shining a light in my eyes. "Riley? Riley if you understand me blink twice for yes, please"

I blinked twice. "Good, good. Riley I'm Dr. Davis. There is a tube down your throat because you have some internal injuries and it's making sure you can breathe. Do you remember what happnened tonight?"

I didn't blink. "Riley do you know how you got here?"

"Okay" he said "There was an incident. You're going to be okay, but there is some internal bleeding I need to locate. We're going to put you to sleep for a bit. Is that okay?"

I blinked twice. Where was my mom? What happened to me? I kept getting flashes of being kicked. The doctor continued speaking as a nurse put something in my IV. Everything was fuzzy. Then black.

~

~

~

Michael.

She ran her hands down my body, I felt nothing. She kissed my neck, i felt nothing. We fell back onto the bed in my hotel room, leaving sloppy kisses all over each other. She was just another girl, from another city, in another state. I was numb and it was all I needed to be.

"MICHAEL" someone pounded on the door. I ignored it and kept kissing her. "MICHAEL FUCKING OPEN UP"

The red haired girl on top of me pulled away. "You should probably go answer whoever that is"

I pulled off of her with a grunt. "What the fuck do you want" i said when I opened the door.

Ashton was there, his face a rock. Completely unreadable. "You need to pack" He said

"What the fuck are you talking about? We don't leave until tomorrow. And" I took a step back so he could see the girl in my room. "I'm a little busy right now"

"It's Riley, Michael" My heart could burst at just the sound of her name. We all agreed to not speak about her. Even Carly, her cousin kept quitet when I was around.

"What does she have to do with anything, Ashton?"

I heard the girl in my room clear her throat. Annoyed I turned around and said "Get out"

Her mouth dropped open, she grabbed her coat and rushed past us. Ashton came in. "What does Riley have to do with me packing, Ashton?"

Ashton's dark expression met my face. "She's in the hospital"

"What? Is she okay? What happened?"

"Adam. They got in a fight and he beat the shit out of her. She called her mum and explained everything. Now she's in the hospital with internal bleeding."

I stumbled over myself as I stepped backwards. "I'll fucking kill him"

Ashton continued speaking but I couldn't hear him over the ringing in my ears as I threw my clothes into my suitcase.

~

~

Riley.

I woke to that damn beeping again. This time the room seemed empty. When I opened my eyes it was all white. My mom was leaned on the bed, holding my hand. "Mom?"

Her head snapped up "Oh Riley sweetheart you're awake" I tried to sit up "No don't do that." she told me.

My throat was dry, mostlikely from the tube in my throat earlier. "Water"

"Oh yes of course" i took a few sips through the straw in the cup she handed me.

"What happened?" my throat was still dry as I spoke.

"What is the last thing you remember?"

I thought back through the night. Talking to Carly. The video then fuck Adam came home. It all flooded back into my head at once. "Adam did this" I whispered.

My mom's eyes filled with tears. "Oh my sweet girl. This is all my fault"

"No mom, don't think that. Theres so much more to this than you know. I'm stupid"

Before she could respond there were two knocks on the door then Carly came flying in. "Carly?"

"Riley! Oh my god Riley. I'm so sorry" She hugged me lightly.

My mom put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry Car, but Riley needs to talk to the police"

She escorted Carly out and I was alone. I remembered it all. The last thing I remember is shaking on the floor naked when my mom ran in. She sank to her knees sobbing and called an ambulance. I tried to explain as much to her as i could before I passed out. Just incase I forgot. I wish I did.

The door squeaked open and a man walked in with a notepad. "Riley?" He said

I nodded. "I'm officer Jones. I'm going to ask you a few questions. I need you to answer them as well as you can."

"Fire away" and he did.

"Did your boyfriend have a history of violent behavior towards you?" He asked

"Yes"

"Did anyone else know about the violent behavior"

I thought about this. I remembered Michael holding ice to my face after the first time Adam hit me. "one person" I had no reason to lie.

"Can you tell me their name?" He asked politely. That I wasn't expecting, what if his name got out as being involved. As if Jones was reading my mind he said "This will all remain highly confidential, Riley. Also the person you told won't be in trouble, I just need to ask them a few questions. Believe me, I need all the information I can get"

"Michael Clifford" I answered "Carly may know how you can get ahold of him since he no longer lives in Ohio."

"Thank you." he said. The questions seemed to last forever. Jones assured me they would catch Adam and they had enough to arrest him.

Now the only problem was if he exposed Michael's secret.