Chapter 5 - Date Night

RILEY - From now on it will be Riley's perspective unless marked otherwise. Enjoy the new chapter (:

After we left the boy's house I couldn't stop thinking about Michael. There was just something about him that caught me off guard. Even though he was kind of a jerk. I can't get his eyes out of my mind. I've seen a lot of green eyes before but none were like his. My fascination with his eyes turned into a borderline stalker obsession with the band as a whole. I looked up every song I could find and watched way too many videos. I was turning into Carly.

But I don't have time to think about that right now because Adam is picking me up for our stupid date in fifteen minutes. If I don't pound my head against a wall by the end of the night it will be a miracle. The kid followed me around school until I would decide on a time for him to pick me up. He was really damn weird sometimes. 

I didn't try to look good either, I didn't really need to. We were only going to a small diner down the street. I was in black skinny jeans with a white pocket shirt and my black leather jacket. I grabbed my purse and left my room. My mom was in the kitchen with Robert deciding on what they were going to make for dinner.

"But I'm really in the mood for Chinese" my mom said

"But think of how good the new meat lovers pizza probably is!"

I just stood in the doorway and laughed. "Adam should be here to get me in like five minutes. Hopefully this is the only time ever" I told them

"Oh come on" she said "The kid can't be that bad!"

"He is!"

I heard the ding from my phone. It was a text from Adam.

Here :)

Great, I'm going on a date with a kid who couldn't even walk up my driveway to the front door. With a big sigh I said goodbye to my parents. "I should be home by 10. Hopefully earlier" i said on my way out. I popped into Adam's car and piratically choked on the amount of cologne he was wearing. "Did you get attacked by the perfume counter at Macy's?" 

He pulled out of my driveway. "Well hello to you too beautiful" The smile on his face was an equal amount of cute and creepy. Cute and creepy was the best way to describe him. He was a really good looking guy. It was just sometimes he would stumble around his words and make an inappropriate comment, or stare for too long. It was almost like it bothered him that I was the only girl who didn't want to bang him.

In the diner we were greeted by a perky blonde waitress. Adam was basically undressing her with his eyes. "Booth or table?" she asked

I scanned the diner and my heart fell to the floor when I noticed a booth full of four boys with familiar hairstyles. "Booth" Adam answered before i could speak. No no no the only open booth was right behind the four boys. It was on the side Michael and Luke were facing. Michael was staring off into space while the other three laughed.

"Follow me" she said

"I-I'm gonna go use the restroom" i told Adam and ran off.

I don't even know why I'm freaked out by seeing them. I just needed to go back out, say hi and have my dinner with Adam. The problem was, Adam would probably make some stupid comment about how we're dating.

With a deep breath I walked out of the restroom. I was looking down at the floor when I collided with another body. "Oh sorr-"

"Watch where you're going" the guy said. His voice was laced with an Australian accent. I knew that voice. I looked up and met his green eyes. "Oh it's you. Figures. Ever thought about actually looking where you're going?"