Chapter 23 - I'm sorry

Michael.

My ears were ringing when I came to. It must have only been seconds. Luke was still pounding on my door. Then I heard Ash.

I curled into a ball and laid there. After some fiddling with the doorknob my bedroom door flew open. Ashton ran to my side.

"Michael? Mike are you okay?"

I said nothing. He said the same thing again. I remained quiet.

"Dammit, Gordon answer me."

"I hate when you use my middle name" I mumbled

"He speaks" Ashton huffed. He sat against the wall next to me. He was sweaty and smelled kinda bad. Must've just gotten back from the gym. "What's going on? What happened?"

I couldn't say it. I could barely think it. The whole world is going to see pictures of such a private moment in Riley's life. It's all my fault.

Ashton sighed. "Fine. If you won't talk to me, I'll call Riley."

"NO" I shouted "YOU CANT. SHE CANT KNOW YET."

Ashton genuinely looked confused. "What can't she know?"

So I told him. I told him what happened in California, then the text from Tara, what was on TV this morning, even my panic attack.

"Shit" Ashton said.

"Yeah"

He then pulled out his phone and started scrolling. "I'm sorry, Michael" he handed me his phone. The pictures were all over everything.

Twitter

Instagram

Facebook

Tumblr

Everywhere. Us making out, me on top of her. The rest were too dark for anyone to see. How could I have been so stupid. I thought no one could see us behind those trees.

"I'm an idiot" I said

Ashton rubbed circles on my back "you're not. You made a mistake it's okay. Riley won't-"

"She's going to hate me, Ashton! You don't understand!"

The anger flickered in his eyes. "Don't start this again, Michael! Don't shut me out. If you think I don't understand then explain it to me!"

But I couldn't. I couldn't tell him about what happened with Riley and Adam. She trusted me with that. "It's not my place to explain it to you"

"What-"

"WHERE IS HE, LUKE?"

A female voice shouted from another room. Then more talking I couldn't understand. Ashton looked at me. Riley.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY LUKE HEMMINGS OR SO HELP ME GOD I WILL RUIN THAT PRETTY BOY FACE OF YOURS AND KNOCK YOU ON YOUR ASS"

Seconds later footsteps came to my door. "Mikey?"

When she entered my room I realized I was still in a fetal position. I imagined how pathetic I probably looked. Hair everywhere, cheeks red and tear stained.

"Oh my god, Michael."

She looked fine. Perfect even. Like it didn't even phase her. However, the look in her eyes said otherwise.

I sat up, rubbing at my eyes. "I'll leave you two alone" Ashton mumbled.

Riley didn't even acknowledge him. She ran straight to me and wrapped her arms around my body. Something I never thought would happen again.

"I'm so sorry, Riley. I didn't know. I'm so sorry."

"Shhh" she whispered "it's okay, sweetheart"

I was a mess. Completely inside out. (a/n: I'm laughing at myself. Who gets it?) She seemed to be fine.

"How are you okay right now?" I asked

"I knew getting involved with someone in a band would have consequences. So the whole world may know we had sex. But only we know it was the first. Not only that, no one could ever take away what we had that night. The way you made me feel, not just physically. No it's not as private as I would have liked it to be. I have also said I didn't want to do it there. But I did, in that moment and I don't regret it."

"But your parents and-"

"It's no ones business but ours, Mikey" Our foreheads were touching, I could feel her breath on my lips. "I'm okay, so don't worry about it. Alright?"

I nodded, I wanted to kiss her. More than anything " You're amazing, you know that?"

"I know" she said with a grin and moved away from my face.

A/n: Crappy, boring, sucky. I know lmao. It was mostly a filler. But boy do I have some stufff planned. *insert smirking emoji* stay tuned. Xx