Chapter 6 - His Voice

You know that feeling you get when you know you're doing something you shouldn't, but you can't help but do it anyway? That's how I feel when I hang out with Adam. I never thought in a million years I would ever voluntarily spend time with him. But I have. Almost every night for the past three weeks. We finally decided to label our relationship and I like him. I really really like him. But there is just something off about us being together. Carly says I should ignore it. Which I have. But, I don't know. It's almost like I'm not supposed to be with him.

"I don't know Car, I get this weird feeling when we're together. It's like I'm happy, but not completely."

Carly sat beside me on my bed with her legs pulled up to her chest. "Will you just ignore it Riley! Come on! He's Adam sexgod Matthews. There's no way there could be anything wrong about being with him."

"Hey watch it, that's my boyfriend you're calling a sexgod" shoved her with my shoulder.

She raised an eyebrow "Is he?"

I could feel the heat creep onto my cheeks. I cleared my throat. "Is he what?"

"Don't play dumb. Is he a sexgod?"

I looked away knowing my cheeks were completely red. Adam has tired to go all the way. But I keep telling him I'm not ready. Which isn't the case at all actually. I just don't feel right going that far with him. But I should right? I mean he is my boyfriend. "No" i said "We've decided to wait a few months" i lied.

"Adam agreed to wait?" she asked

No "Yes" It actually is the only thing we fight about. He doesn't understand what the problem is. Why if wont if i like him as much as I say. To which I respond with an I don't know. That is the truth. I don't know why. I just don't. Carly opened her mouth to say something but decided against it.

We sat in silence for a few moments and she spoke up. "I'm going over to see Luke in like ten minutes. Do you want to come?" she asked

"Will Michael be there?" I've avoided Michael as much as possible since the night Adam and I went on our first date. When we were in the same room we completely avoided doing anything that meant we had to look at each other. But I couldn't help but sneak a peak at his eyes every now and then. One time he noticed me staring and they darkened immediately. He rushed out of the room and I didn't see him for a week.

"yes but Ash, Cal, and Luke will all be around too. You know they wont let him say anything mean to you."

I didn't understand. He was cold with everyone else but was completely ice with me. He spat rude comments at the guys and didn't speak to Carly at all. But with me it was like my presence completely disgusted him. "Fine" i told her.

"Great! Let's go" Carly checked her makeup and clothes in the mirror and I just made sure my hair wasn't sticking out in weird places.

Over at their house Carly finally rang the doorbell on her own. That took weeks. Luke answered. He was wearing shorts and I giggled a little. "Nice legs" i said

He laughed "Shut up I was just on my way to my room to change"

We followed him in. "How is it possible that you have better legs than me?"

Carly wrapped her arms around his body and he smiled at her. "It's a gift" Carly looked up at him and he placed a kiss on her nose.

"Ew." I said "I'm going to head to the bathroom."

"Okay" Luke said focusing on Carly. "I think Calum is in the game room. I'll be in after I change" Carly followed him to his room and I had a feeling he wasn't just going to change his clothes.