Chapter 13 - Party

Friday afternoon I shut my locker and looked around the hall to find Adam. Carly was leaving for L.A in two days. Carly was so mad a me when I told her. She's barely talked to me since, which gave me more time with Adam. The time we spent together wasn't spent talking, we mostly made out, along with other things. Later it would end in a fight due to me refusing to go all the way. He would scream that I'm a tease and I would leave in tears. But he would always call me and apologize, telling me how much he loved me. I don't know if i should believe him anymore. We used to have fun together but now it's like I'm just an object.

I felt two arms wrap around me from behind and I squealed. When I turned and saw it was Adam I slapped his arm. "You scared me!"

He kissed me on the cheek while he laughed. "I'm sorry baby girl." he said in an unusual cherpy voice. 

"You're in a good mood" i pointed out. 

He kissed me on the cheek again "Not exactly, but I will be if you agree to go to Derrick's party tomorrow" All I could do was roll my eyes. Adam knew I hated all of his friends, there were so many parties I denied because I didn't want to deal with drunk football players. 

I scoffed "You know I hate parties"

He grabbed one of my hands and held it to my face. "Please" I shook my head. "pleaseeeee" he gave me a pouty face.

If I go with any luck I'll be able to leave early. Dealing with sweaty, intoxicated teenagers was not on the list of things I wanted to do today. "Fine. But I'm not staying all night"

"Yes!" he said

That is how I ended up where I am now. In a house full alochol, drenched in the scent of weed. I managed to drag Carly along. Her and I were leaning aganist a wall as far away from the insanity as possible. Which was about two feet. Adam was off playing beer pong with his friends. He wanted me to go to this party so we could spend time together, but we spent a total of five minutes together.

"Are you gonna drink?" Carly shouted over the music. She took a sip of her beer and shook the cup in my face. I was never really the drunk girl at parties. Not that I had gone to many parties. When I did, it stayed away from anything that wasn't a newly opened bottle of water.

"No" It was a stupid question. I hated the stuff. I didn't feel like spending the night feeling like I just got off a teacup ride.  "I'm gonna go find Adam" I said as I walked towards the crowd of my drunk peers.

"I'll come with" she said and shook her glass "I need a refill"

We stopped for her to refill her cup before finding the large group of people watching Adam and the others play beer pong. I shoved my way through them and stopped in my tracks when I saw Adam. He chugged a cup full of beer, then pulled a pretty black haired girl into his arms. They started kissing and I couldn't watch any longer. The crowd started cheering and I ran the other way.

"Riley!" I heard from behind me. "Riley wait!" Carly caught up to me and grabbed my arm. I was so angry it was impossible for me to cry. Without thinking I grabbed her cup and chugged it. She looked at me with her mouth open.

"Better close your mouth before you catch a fly" i said

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Having a good time" I held the cup in front of her face. "I need another"

After another beer I could feel the alochol in my system. Truth be told, I was a lightweight. Tonight was going to be proof. I had a feeling I was going to regret it.