Chapter 8: Old friends

It's been four years since I've left Bonesborough, four years of missions and pointless trials and four years of being Belos' right hand man.

I can't say I enjoyed my time at the castle with the constant competition with Kikimora and the other coven leaders.

But I can say I've grown stronger thanks to Belos, in my second year I've mastered Abomination magic which  said alot since I'm more capable with Illusions. I've defeated countless rebellion leaders and defeated every monster or demon that was assigned to me.

I did acquire the title of  "Overachiever" around the Emperor's coven seeing as though I never failed to disappoint.

My father even took notice of my growth, but until this day I never fully forgave him, I was still set on defeating the bastard at some point in my life.

But even though I was known as the newly improved Golden Guard.

I still couldn't shake the fact that I left everything and everyone I knew without warning.

The guilt was still haunting, some part of me even considered sneaking out and seeing them.

But never even once went through with it I couldn't risk Belos finding out,

It felt like my life was going 10x the normal speed the only person that kept me sane during all this was Raine, they were like a parent to me.

They took care of me and helped me heal my wounds every once in a while.

I'm grateful I had someone, but it wasn't the same as the warmth Luz, Amity, Willow, Gus or even Boscha gave

Raine: "You should be more careful."

Avari: "I know I'm sorry, I swear these rebels get more and more aggressive each day."

Raine: "...."

Avari: "What?"

Avari turned around and saw that Raine was holding something back.

Almost like she wanted to confess something as she stitched me up.

But our silence was broke off when a guard came into the room looking for me.

Guard: "Ms. Medford! Emperor Belos has been looking for you, he needs you it's very urgent."

Avari: "Great. What is it this time?"

Guard: "He said he wanted you to tend to his needs as soon as possible."

Avari then grabbed her mask and her cape.

Avari: "We'll finish this later Raine, thanks for today but duty calls."

Raine: "Alright just don't die." Raine sarcastically said

Avari: "Can't promise you anything!"

Avari then raced through the halls along with her artificial palisman until they made their way to the ginormous doors.

The two guards let the prodigy in and Avari bowed to her knee out of respect and greetings.

Avari: "Emperor, You asked for me?"

Belos: "Ah yes my star pupil."

Avari tilted her head and gave him a half smile.

Belos: "I need you to scout an area for me there's been reports of rebellion members camping near the whispering woods. Do you think you can handle that?"

Avari: "Of course sir, anything you need."

Belos: "Great. Now go ahead, I've got more important matters to deal with."