Chapter 1~

{Preface for everyone reading, this story takes place later in season 10, beginning 2015. Just a warning in case some people haven't gotten that far into the show yet.}

Octavia's POV:

"Rock, paper, scissors, SHOOT!" I hear in the living room as I just finished grabbing the pizza I ordered from the delivery guy. I shut the door behind me and rush to put the hot box down onto the coffee table in front of the couch.

"HA! Rock beats scissors Auntie Brooke. I get to pick the movie." I giggle as I see her raven braids bounce up and down while she runs to the dvd cabinet.

"How does that kid always manage to beat me?" My best friend asks me, genuinely curious.

"What can I say Brooklyn? She's got the genes of a winner." I smile looking over at my adorable daughter. "Ain't that right Alli?"

She stops what she's doing and turns around, giving me a thumbs up. "Right mommy!" Once again her attention refocusing to find the movie she wants.

"'Genes of a winner' my butt. I think you and Alice are a couple of little mind readers who use your powers to cheat."

"Hey, there are no rules in rock, paper, scissors, against mind reading." I point out sarcastically, which in turn, earns me an eye roll from Brooklyn.

I sit down and open the pizza box. The smell of the food spreading into the room immediately.

"Oops, almost forgot the plates." I get back up and jog over to the kitchen to grab some napkins as well.

"Who needs plates when I got two perfectly good hands!" I hear Brooke say.

"If by 'perfectly good' you mean clumsy as hell, and will definitely end up dropping pepperoni on my new couch then yes, your hands are perfectly good." I walk back to the living room and set the plates and napkins down as I sit next to Brooke, seeing her arms crossed and bottom lip pouting.

"How do you know i'm for sure gonna spill?"

"I've known you since sophomore year of college. In that time, i've noticed that you spill more often than my 5 year old."

While I try and hold back laughing at the fact that Brooklyn's mouth is agape, I see Alice come back with a dvd in her small pale hands.

"What movie has my beautiful baby chosen on this wonderful sunday night?" I say dramatically, getting the chuckle I expected from Alice.

She stretches her arms out and holds the dvd in front of us so we can see. The Nightmare Before Christmas, a movie she's loved since she first learned to walk. A weird choice for a child so young, trust me I know, but she loves the soundtracks for any and all Tim Burton movies and doesn't seem to be scared by the visuals so it's alright with me.

"Ah! Once again you've chosen a great movie." I poke at her ribs a few times to tickle her as I take the dvd case from her and walk over the to dvd player. "Brooke can you get her some pizza while I set this up?"

"Sure." She gestures for Alice to go and sit next next to her. "Come here munchkin."

I fiddle with the remote and dvd player for a minute or two and then finally manage to get the movie up on the screen. From a few feet away, I can hear my daughter humming along to the music playing on the main menu screen while she's chewing her pizza. I can't help but smile.

Once I finish setting everything up, I go to sit on the other side of Alli and press play.

"Okay. It's starting."

Alli's smile grows and she balls her fists and shakes them slightly, something she does often when she's excited.

Brooke and I watch her dance and sing along to the songs as we eat a few slices of pizza. We laugh as Alice attempts to scarf down her food in between songs. We both love this movie, but watching it with her is a whole other experience. I pull my phone out every now and then to get pictures of her dancing or stuffing her face to send to the group chat I have with my two older brothers.

2 People

Peter:
Never seen someone so young be
so enthusiastic while watching a Tim
Burton movie.

Robin:
I love our niece and her weirdness.
GO ALLI GO!!
And tell her we said hi by the way.

Me:
Will do.

"Uncle Robin and Peter say hi Alli."

She turns her head to me for a brief moment. "Oooh. Mommy are they calling? Can I say hi?" She peeks over to look at my phone and see if they are on facetime.

"They aren't calling, but here." I open my camera app and show her that i'm recording. "Say hi."

She smiles and waves at my phone. "HI UNCLES! I miss you!" She dramatically blows a kiss to my phone and I stop recording. I send them the video and just a few moments later I receive a few texts.

2 People

Robin:
If I could pick her up and spin her around
right now I would. She's too cute.

Peter:
Agreed. I'll stop by sometime next week and maybe take her to the park by your house.
I miss her too!!

"Alli, uncle Peter might stop by next week and take you to the park. Sound fun?"

She nods and sits back down to watch the rest of the movie. I quickly respond to my brother and get back to watching the movie with the girls.

Not long after that, the movie ends and the clock reads 9pm. Brooke notices how Alice and I are clearly having trouble keeping our eyes open and takes that as a cue to start ending things for tonight.

"You guys look beat. I'll help you guys clean up and then head out." I nod at her and stand up so so I can start throwing away any trash we made. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Alli helping Brooke put away the movie. Once we all finish cleaning up, we give Brooke a hug and see her off.

"Bye drive safe." I say.

"Bye bye!" Alli says as she tiredly waves at her from the door.

Brooke waves back at us as she steps into her car. Once we see her drive off, we both go to the bathroom and start our night routine. We brush our teeth together, a habit i'm trying to get her started on doing by herself. We then go into her room and change her into her pjs for the night. She grabs her lamb stuffed animal and crawls into bed where I then tuck her in.

"Goodnight little one." I say and then kiss the top of her head.

"Night mommy." I turn off her lights as I leave the room.

I yawn as I make my way across the hall to my room. Once I get myself into my pjs, I slump into my bed and curl myself beneath my covers. Not long after that, my eyes grow heavy and I am able to fall asleep.