Chapter 14~

JJ's POV:

Spencer has been weird this week. And not his normal super genius weird, but genuinely weird.

He's been speeding through his work way faster than normal. Of course, compared to the rest of the team he reads and gets things done faster in general, but this week it just seems like he's rushing all the time.

I don't know what it is, or if I should be concerned.

I walk down on of the isles in the bullpen and feel a bump from the back of my shoulder. When I turn around, there is Spencer with a stack of folders that nearly fell out of his hands.

"Sorry JJ."

Just as he goes to speed walk away I gently grab his arm and stop him. "Hey Spence slow down."

"Sorry, i'm just trying to make sure I get everything done before we go home for the weekend."

"It's Thursday."

"I like to be prepared." I raise my eyebrow at him as he begins to fix his folders and slowly step back. "Especially since 58% of the time we think we will make it to the weekend without a case we don't get to."

He goes to walk away and I stop him again. "Spence is everything okay? You've been going a million miles an hour all week."

"Yeah everything is great, why?"

He used the word great instead of fine, and he seems stiff. Like he's trying to control his micro expressions. He gave away a lot through his eyes though, not being able to stay set looking in one place for long. They would shift between the coffee machine—which he needed to stay away from—the clock, his folders, and me.

"Nothing just wondering."

"Wondering, or trying to profile me?"

He always knew. "I thought you were too busy looking at the clock to notice."

"Geniuses can multitask JJ." He smirks and turns around to once again try and walk away from me.

"Spence?"

He stops and turns back around. "Yeah?"

"If you don't want to tell me what you're so excited about that's fine. But i'm happy for you and hope you have fun."

I see a look of surprise on his face. He begins to smile and I return the smile. "Thank you."

I turn and walk away. Part of me was hoping that he would stop me and tell me everything, but he'll tell me when he feels ready.