Chapter 11~

Octavia's POV:

Just my luck that as soon as I step in through the door, my brothers are both standing in front of me, crossing their arms and furrowing their brows.

"Peter?"

"Yes brother?"

Here come the dramatics.

"Did we so graciously agree to watch our lovely little niece for and hour on a Friday night?"

"Oh why yes we did brother Robin."

I shut the door behind me and brace myself.

"And did our little sister not confidently tell us that this little 'not a date' that she went on would last no more than an hour?"

Peter drops his jaw and gasps. "Why yes I believe she did brother!"

"And yet she shows up at exactly 11:52. Almost 3 HOURS after she'd said she would be back."

"My God, she did!"

"Listen, i'm sorry i'm late and i'm super super glad you guys were able to watch Alli, but could you drop the dramatics."

Robin crosses his arms and huffs. "You're no fun."

"Why were you gone that long anyway?"

"Honestly, I underestimated how cool this guy's life was. We just started talking and couldn't stop."

"Ooooooohh baby sis has got a cruuuuushhh." Robin teases.

"First of all no. Second, what are you 12?" He sticks his tongue out at me and I raise an eyebrow at him.

He realizes the mistake he has made in proving my point. "Touché."

"You guys don't understand, he's a profiler for the FBI. He travels everywhere and is crazy smart."

"Who's smart?" I look over to see Alice walking towards me slowly in her pjs and rubbing her eyes.

"What are you doing up?" I ask.

"She refused to go to sleep until she knew you got home safely." Peter says.

"Yeah trust him, we tried everything. We tried bedtime stories, lullabies, white noise, talking about how to file taxes, nothing...the force is strong with this one."

I smile as pick Alice up and hug her. "Thank you for waiting for me munchkin, i'm sorry i'm so late."

"It's okay mommy, I just wanted to wait for you." I walk her to her bed and lay her down.

"You didn't have to ya know?" I pull the covers over her tiny body and brush the hair out of her face.

"I know. But you always say goodnight."

I swear it's moments like this where my love for this child makes my heart melt. "I promise it will never happen again."

She giggles and yawns as she shuts her eyes. "Goodnight mommy." She whispers.

"Goodnight munchkin." I step out of her room and turn off the lights as I close the door.

As soon as I step outside I am once again met with the two of the same idiot face staring upon me.

"Yes?" I say.

"So tell us more about your new boyfriend?"

"Robin shut up. I just went over this."

"Oh yes, you were just telling us about how his life is so cool and he's so smart..."

"And how he's an FBI agent so he's probably rich too."

"God, you guys are annoying."

"It's our job we're your brothers."

"If I called Dad right now and made him agree to temporarily disown me would you guys stop?"

"Maybe, but it's past 10:30 so nothings waking up Dad at this point. You should've came home earlier sis."

I groan at the statement. Why does our father have to be such a morning person?

"Okay you know what? I'm going to bed. You guys can talk about my life love—or truthfully the lack there of—without me. I'm too tired for this."

I walk to my bedroom and they start to follow me. "But if you're asleep how are we supposed to tease you?" Peter whines.

"Tease each other, you guys have gone a whole five minutes without doing it so you're due."

"You're right. Peter shut up."

"I didn't say anything idiot."

"Well now you just did so i'm telling you to shut up."

"You're a moron."

"No you're the moron."

"You can stay if you fight silently, whenever you're ready to leave just lock yourselves out. Spare key is in the top drawer closest to the toaster."

I close my bedroom door and begin to sift through my drawers for my pjs. I feel my eyelids getting heavier by the seconds. Jeez, I didn't even feel tired until I walked through the door. While I hear the muffled sound of my brothers arguing on the other side of the door begin to muffle, I lazily get changed and crawl into my bed.

Today was a good day.

Spencer's POV:

I open the door of my apartment and lay my blazer down on the couch. When I sit down I hear my phone buzz. I pick it up to see who's calling and I see Garcia's contact pop up on the tiny screen. I answer her call and put the phone to my ear.

"Do we have another case?"

"Ding ding ding! We have a winner!" She says enthusiastically. "Get your brainiac butt over here ASAP professor!"

"On my way."

I end the call, pick up my blazer, and head out the door once again.

~At the office~

When I walk in, everyone except Hotch and Garcia are sitting at the round table yawning and eyes droopy. JJ gives me a confused look.

"How do you not look tired right now?"

"I was already up when Garcia called me."

"What we're you doing awake at midnight?" Rossi asks.

"I got caught up in a book I was reading." I figure it's a believable enough of a lie. Everyone seems to buy it so i'm now in the clear.

Right after the exchange, Hotch walks in with Garcia following behind him.

"Sorry to call you all in so late and right after a case, but this case is time sensitive." He nods to Garcia as a signal for her to present the case.

Here we go.