Chapter 19~

Octavia's POV:

As I comb my daughters hair, getting ready to put two dutch braids into her hair, she kicks her legs playfully on the chair as a small child does when their feet can't reach the ground.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Why can't you come to the circus with me and Grandpa?"

"Blame your uncles. They made me scared of the clowns."

In their stupid brotherly fashion, they showed me a scary clown movie when I was around 8 years old. After clearly not being scarred enough, they waited until dark to jump scare me in my room with clown masks and chase me around the house. Needless to say, clowns aren't my favorite.

"Am I supposed to be scared of clowns?" She asks me so innocently.

"You don't have to be. To be honest, if your uncles didn't show me a super scary movie when I was little then I probably wouldn't be scared of clowns."

"Uncle Peter and Robin were rude." She crosses her arms and I try to hold back a laugh at how she took my side.

"Yes they were. But luckily, you're only going with Grandpa. And Grandpa is nice." Her smile quickly returns to her face and she uncrosses her arms.

"Make Grandpa take lots of pictures okay. I want to have a million pictures of you sent to me by the end of the day."

"A million?!"

"Yes, a million. I'm making you look way too cute to not have my million pictures." I start the braids and look at her reflection in the mirror. "Not that I have to try so hard. You're already the prettiest little thing in the world."

She giggles and I continue doing the braids. Once i'm done with her hair I make her some breakfast and we talk until my dad arrives right at 12.

When I open the door for him he looks apologetic. "I'm sorry i'm an hour late. I know I was supposed to pick her up at 11 and now i'm gonna have to rush her to get something to eat and—"

"Dad. It's okay. I figured you'd be a little late so I already made her breakfast and she's ready to go."

"Breakfast? You two sleep in way too late on the weekends. How does she get up for school?"

"Well I shove her a few times and her eyes do this thing where they open. Next thing I know, she's awake."

He rolls his eyes at my sarcasm. "And what do you mean 'you figured?'"

"Dad. You've never arrived to a single place on time ever."

He gasps offensively at me. "Don't say stuff that's true! I raised you better than that."

He walks in and Alice immediately runs up to him and goes in for a hug. "Grandpa!"

He bends down and returns her hug. "Look who it is, it's my favorite grandchild."

Alice giggles. "I'm your only grandchild."

"Oh yeah. Well you're still my favorite."

"She is clothed, fed, and prepared to stuff her face with junk food immediately upon arrival."

"Mommy says you don't know if a place is good until you've eaten all the junk food."

I hold my hand up for a high five and she hits my hand eagerly. "That's my girl."

My dad looks down and shakes his head. "You are such a bad influence."

"Well you raised me, so if anything this is your fault."