Chapter 2~

Spencer's POV:

I rub my eyes as we get onto the jet and head back to Quantico. We just finished a missing family case in Barbados and are now heading back at 12 am. Considering this is going to be a 4 hour flight, I decided to try and get some sleep now so it's easier to stay awake when I get home. Hotch may have given us the day off, but that doesn't mean that i'm going to ruin my perfectly good sleep schedule.

I manage to get the couch all to myself and before anyone has the chance to sit next to me and talk, I get myself comfortable and start to drift off to sleep.

The next thing I know, i'm being shaken lightly.

"Kid." I instantly recognize his voice. "C'mon. Jet just landed." I open my eyes to see that it was in fact Morgan who was waking me up.

I sit up and stretch my arms out. Once I grab all of my stuff, I tiredly walk off the jet and get into the black SUV that's going to take us back to the office.

As we walk into the elevator, Morgan speaks up. "I cannot wait to get home and make a bee line for my bed."

"Why didn't you sleep on the plane?" I ask.

"I did. But not everyone can function properly on 3 and a half hours of sleep Pretty Boy."

"You know recently, there was a study that discovered a new genetic mutation that allows you to function perfectly with less than 6 hours of sleep. The family involved in the study in question, averaged between 4.3 and 5.5 hours of sleep and even—"

"Reid..."

I took that as my cue to stop talking. If i'm being honest, I don't entirely blame him. He looks absolutely exhausted. We all do i'm sure.

Once the doors of the elevator opens, we see Garcia standing there yawning, waiting to greet us.

"Hello my lovelies. How was the flight?" Despite her obvious sleepy demeanor, she still managed to smile brightly at us.

"I slept like a baby." I say with a smile on my face. As I predicted he would, Morgan rolls his eyes at my statement and decides to ignore me.

"It was good. We're just all tired that's all."

"Same here. But, I just finished my paperwork so unfortunately you will not be graced with my presence much longer. I am sorry to leave you all, but I hear my bed calling my name."

Morgan chuckles lightly at her joke and smiles at her. "Night Babygirl."

"Night handsome." She winks at him and walks back to her office to grab her things.

I sit down at my desk and try to get the paperwork done as soon as possible. This was going to be a long day I could already tell. We may have the rest of the day off, but we will have to finish this paperwork before we can go home. Not to mention that I wanted to stay awake in case there was an emergency and we got called onto another case.

It was now 6:05 am and I had just finished all the work for the Barbados case. I put everything I need into my satchel and give everyone a wave before leaving the bullpen.

I get into my car and rub my eyes with the palms of my hands to try and snap myself awake for the remainder of the drive. I turn the key in the ignition and head home.

When I get to my apartment I instantly take off my shoes and throw my bag on my couch. Too tired to care about being neat, I leave them there to deal with later. I go to my coffee table and grab the book I didn't have the chance to finish reading, seeing as we were called to this case.

Since it is only a 600 page book and I was 1/4 of the way done with it when I left, I finish the book in 15 minutes. I grab another book and it takes me about 20 minutes to finish.

Four books later it's now 7:00. I've only had an hour and a half of free time and i'm already struggling to find something to do.

15 minutes later I decide to take a nap and try to get a bit more sleep seeing as I was having trouble staying awake.

Since I don't feel like changing into a separate set of clothes, I adjust the pillows on my couch so I can fall asleep there.

I lay my head down and instantly shut my eyes as I drift off to sleep.