Chapter 18~

Spencer's POV:

I lift my go bag up off the couch and walk quickly off the plane.

Back in Virginia. Just in time like I had hoped.

It surprisingly took a while to find Paulina, i'm guessing she hid a lot growing up from her father and often from her husband as well. But we did it, we made it back before Sunday.

It's currently Saturday afternoon and although we still have paperwork to do, I should be done with it within the next three hours.

I hear footsteps from behind me and turn to see Morgan catching up to me. "Woah, slow down kid."

"Sorry, just excited to be back."

"No worries. I get it. You got anything going on?"

"Not really. I just started a really good book before I left on astrological theories and how they relate to—"

"Kid."

"Sorry." I'm not really sorry. I knew if I talked about advanced scientific theories he wouldn't ask anymore questions.

"You did good. Figuring out that the unsub was a woman."

"After Hotch made me take a break and get some air, it came to me."

"So what you're saying is that we should kick you out of the room more often?"

We both laugh lightly and continue walking. "No."

"I'm just messing with you."

"Yeah, I know."

We talk about the details of the case a bit more. Just reviewing what to put in the report I guess, even though I already knew exactly what I was gonna put in mine.

We walk into the bullpen and I head straight for my desk. I finish all my paperwork by 5 as I predicted and drop the files off in Hotch's office. I don't want to disrupt his work flow since he is probably going to be here all night as usual, so I simply set the files down and wish him a goodnight.

As I gather my stuff to leave, I see JJ smile in my direction. If she could say something i'm sure it would be 'good luck.'

I give her a small smile and pick up my stuff as I head out of the office. When I get to my car I put the key into the ignition and head home.

My apartment isn't too far from the office thankfully. I get there within 15 minutes and put all my stuff down. I pick my phone out of my pocket and dial the number I called a few days before.

Just like last time, I hear three rings and then a click. "Why hello good Doctor."

"Hey."

"I assume the case you mentioned is solved and everything?"

"Yeah, I just got home right now actually. I just called to say you helped and thank you for that."

"Does that make me an honorary crime fighter?" She says with such joy that I can't help but laugh. "Don't laugh at me."

"Sorry can't help it." My laugh died down slightly as she continued the conversation.

"But i'm glad my genius can be of occasional use to yours." I laugh and suddenly hear a mans voice in the background of her phone. I hear hitting and bickering.

"Is everything okay? I hear fighting."

"It's just my brothers being stupid. No need to sound so worried." I didn't realize I sounded so worried. I hear her muffled voice through the phone. "Can you two idiots settle down? I'm on the phone?" I chuckle as I hear two people sounding very similar say 'he started it.' "You're lucky you don't have siblings."

"I don't know, it sounds like i'm missing out on some fun over there." I say sarcastically.

"While watching them fight can be entertaining it begins to grow annoying when it lasts for anything longer than 2 minutes. Especially when I have breakables nearby."

"Studies actually show that sibling arguments are healthy and help form ideal relationship standards for both outward relationships and help strengthen sibling bonds."

"Well I would very much appreciate them strengthening their sibling bonds away from all my cute picture frames and pottery I decorated at Color Me Mine."

"Color Me Mine?"

"Don't you sound all judgy. It's a cute place and decorating pottery helps soothe my soul. What do you do to help soothe your soul?"

"I read."

"Very brainiac of you, should've guessed." She lets out a breath as I laugh quietly. "How about something that helps bring out your inner child? Something that makes you and the little boy genius inside of you light up."

I smile at the familiar nickname and respond. "I do magic tricks. Does that count?"

I hear a frustrated groan on the other end. "What? You can't be a super genius who fights crime, travels on private jets, AND knows magic. That's just not fair."

"I never said I was any good."

"Are you?"

"Yes."

I hear a pause and hold in my laughter. "Un. Freaking. Fair." I let out a small laugh. "And to answer your question yes it does count."

"Good." I force back a smile as I sit down onto my couch. I hear a few paces and a door slam shut from her end of the call.

"I'm glad you got back to Virginia. For a second there I thought you were gonna bail for tomorrow."

I smile at her words, unable to hold back this time. "I'm glad too. It was really nice talking to you last time."

"Hey, you're quite the conversationalist as well Doctor."

It's nice to hear that. I never get to hear that.

The moment however is cut short when I hear a crash on her end of the line. It sounded like glass breaking.

"Is everything okay?"

I hear the sound of a door open and her sigh. "For me yes. For my brothers in the next minute or so, no. Do me a favor, if you get a call from your boss about a family disturbance including two twin boys and and their younger sister, this phone call never happened."

"What phone call?"

I hear her laugh from her end of the call "See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow."

I hang up the phone and smile.

See her tomorrow.