Chapter 7~

Spencer's POV:

I walk into the doors of the bullpen quickly. God only knows how much i've missed in the case by now so I have to get to Garcia's office quickly.

I open the door to her office and sit down in the office chair set up next to her.

She stops typing and swivels around in her seat, smiling. "Well hello doctor. Back so soon?"

"Yeah. Now what did I miss?"

"Nothing yet. I was just about to call them. How'd you get back so fast?"

"Friend pulled some strings to get me cleared fast." Friend was a loose term, but I don't care. Whatever raises the less questions the better.

"You have friends other than us?" She gasps.

I roll my eyes as she turns back to her computer screen and calls the team. When we are able to get a clear image of Rossi, Hotch, JJ, and Morgan on the screen, Garcia's smile brightens. "Hello my lovelies. I've got the doctor with me and we are ready for the briefing. Yes, I am fully aware of the innuendo I just made since I can see my chocolate thunder sitting right there. Hello!" She winks at him and I cringe as Morgan chuckles.

"Wait Reid, weren't you supposed to be getting cleared by a doctor? How are you already back?" Rossi asks, completely ignoring Garcia's comment.

"I got a doctor to clear me already. Hotch check your phone."

I see him unlock his phone and look at it for a few seconds. "Yup. He's good to go." I see Morgan smirk, but before he has the chance to say anything, Hotch puts his phone away and we start theorizing about the case.

"Well, 3 bodies in 14 days. Not much of a cooling off period." Rossi points out.

"A body roughly every 4 days though. Either this unsub has a time constraint or a hit list." I point out.

Kate looks at me through the screen skeptically. "What about an unsub with anger issues? A bullet to the throat sounds personal. Not to mention the bruising."

"Normally people with anger issues tend to beat their victims by hand. The bruising on the bodies seem to be wider than the average human hand. The victims were most likely bludgeoned with a blunt object. Also, serial killers that are IED's or have other anger issues tend to be more impulsive and speed up the time between kills. This killer is precise and doesn't display that level of recklessness."

"I mean our killer is definitely angry about something." Morgan says. "Kate was right about the shot to the throat being personal. You don't just decide to walk up to someone, beat them with a blunt object, and then shoot them in the neck just because you're bored."

"So maybe this has been a long time coming. Maybe our killer has been capable of this all along but is finally letting out all those pent up emotions." Rossi adds.

"That does explain why the crime scenes look both neat and violent. If the killer is attacking people with whom they already have pent up rage
against then the unsub could've been planning to do these types of things for a while. Maybe the 4 days is just enough time for the killer to catch our victims under the right circumstances." I see Hotch raise an eyebrow at my statement, subtly hinting that I elaborate. "The first victim, Georgina Drake, was found in an alley. The second, Jared Fanning, was found in the parking lot of the school he teaches at after spending all night grading papers by himself. The third, Manuel Guerrero was found alone in his house. Looking at victimology, it would be strange that these people would be alone. Georgina was a lawyer, Jared was a teacher, and Ricardo was a gang leader. These are people that either constantly have eyes on them or are constantly dealing with the public."

"So the unsub already hates these people, has pent up anger towards them, then decides to stalk and kill them." JJ adds.

"Stalking means there's a better chance of someone seeing him."

"When we land, Morgan, you and Rossi go the first crime scenes. JJ you go with Kate to the ME's office. Reid you work with Garcia to dig up anything you can on the victims so you can work victimology. And I will set up at the local PD."

"Okay my darlings. Reid and I wish you a safe flight! Bye bye from the bat cave!" I see her click a button and the team disappear from her screen.

"Bye bye from the bat cave?" I question.

"Don't judge me brainiac. You may have a super duper high IQ, but even you couldn't come up with fantastically colorful lines as quickly as I do when needed."

I raise both my eyebrows and put my hands up in defeat. "Fair enough." 

"That's what I thought."

Garcia does a deep dive into the victims which then helps me work on the victimology. Thankfully, she doesn't pester me about the "friend" I mentioned earlier. The situation was just too weird to talk about with her, or with anyone for that matter.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. When I pull it out I see a text from Morgan.

Derek Morgan:
Didn't take you long to consult little Ms. Karate Doctor I see. Get it Pretty Boy!

I roll my eyes at his stupid text.

Me:
Shut up. We are working a case.

Derek Morgan:
I gotta know, when she touched your jaw, did you blush this time?

Sometimes I hate being friends with profilers.

Me:
She wasn't even the one who examined me. She's an OB remember?

Derek Morgan:
Oh right. Damn, now I can't tease you.

I smirk, as I have won this argument. Though I technically left out the part where I ran into her after, I decide not to bring it up as I don't want the teasing to start up again.

"Hey, Megamind?" I furrow my brows at the new nickname but she ignores my reaction. "Just got the ME report. Let's get crackin'."