LWTH: 15

* Unedited

There's broken shattered glass all around. The seats are done floor and I can see the daylight streaming in through the multiple holes in both car doors. I'm not sure when the cars skidded off but all I could hear was the distant rumbling of roaring engines as shoes slapped the pavement.

"Casey! Casey!!" A man yelled for me but I was too shaken to recognize the voice or answer. Everything was moving in slow motion at this point and all I could hear was the blood rushing to my ears and my heart pumping a mile a minute. "Fuck! Casey!!"

Slowly I removed my hands from covering over my head protectively, still inspecting the damages. The back window was completely busted like all the rest, the thin layer of fabric covering the ceiling was half hanging off, there were little pieces of the insides of everything that was shot laying around . . . It was just a complete mess.

The passengers side door flew open and I turned slowly in that direction, the light somewhat blinding me a bit. In seconds I was snatched out of the crawl space I was in, the place where you rest your feet, and I was deprived of oxygen until I was actually gasping for it.

"You fucking scared me. " Quis held me tighter, ignoring my coughing until my chest started to build a gradual pain. I was set on my feet but his arms didn't leave from around me. "Why the fuck didn't you answer me? Huh!"

"I . . ." In no way could I be startled, I'm more of in a trance or a dream. "Sorry. "

"YG, roll her around for me. Kanko, take all my men off cell block f and lock this shit up tight. Call B and let em know wassup. We movin' on hostile levels. " He had been talking to the boys that I guess came from inside the shop. "Baby don't move. " Now he spoke to me.

I follow him with my eye as he goes and inspects his car, looking around inside then out and checking underneath. Looking satisfied about not finding anything he comes back to me and resumes checking me out like he had earlier once he finally let me breath.

"You hurt?" I shake my head but he pats me down anyway. The only pain I feel is on my cheek and I'm sure that's from the glass. I got lucky. "I'm sorry this happened too you. " I feel the sincerity and appreciate him not saying all the extra shit about how he shouldn't have left me and how things might've turned out if he hadn't.

A slick red, glossy rolls royce hums up beside us and his boy, YG gets out while I'm ushered inside. Quis spends a coupling more seconds discussing something with him before getting in the car and driving off from the lot. As if it just hit main stream, his phone begins ringing up a fucking storm. Somehow, every call he took, he was talking about the incident. His voice remains cold and he takes his time responding everytime, but it's like everytime he puts the damn thing away it goes off and he picks it up. Like right now.

"Damn! Can they leave you the fuck alone or what!? They giving me a fuckin' headache. " I yell, staring out the window at nothing but the trees whizzing past. I hear his phone flip shut and drop into the space underneath the armrest.

"I know you shaken and that's turnin' to anger but you needa' calm down. " I roll my eyes.

"You right I'm pissed. I was fuckin' useless, shit I could've died, and for what?"

"Ion give a fuck if you blame me it is my fault. But fix yo fuckin' tone . . . and cut that crying shit for right now. " It's not right to blame him, I know that, it's just my emotions getting the best of me. I really could've died, and without seeing Ty or Quis again.

"I'm sorry. " I sniffle and lean my forehead against the window, wiping away my tears and sucking it up. "I'm not blamin' you, I just don't know how to feel. I'm fucked up right now. "