LWTH: 16

* Unedited

Sitting on the floor, I'm surrounded by complete destruction. I mean, I fucked this room up. Dressers smashed to bits by one of the living room chairs I dragged up here, broken glass from the lamp and light bulb I purposefully knocked over, holes of all different sizes in the walks around me. The covers were ripped cut up and shredded along with the bed sheets. The mattress was on the other side of the room, far from the frame, and I was just sitting.

I'm bathed and clean with a big black T on, sitting on the carpet in the center of the room. I don't know what came over me. Jealousy? Rage? Hurt? Fuck, they're all dangerous as shit. This is why I didn't want to be in a relationship in the first place. I was scared I'd be one of those crazy possessive bitches that's always suspecting her man of shit and look at me now. Fucking pathetic. I'm exactly what I didn't want to be, and it's frustrating trying not to be, not care. I don't want to admit that I'm already in to ducking deep with this man but it's inevitable, I got feelings for him.

When the front door opens, I don't hear it because I'm too lost in thought and to far away. But when the door to the room opens I come to attention, watching Quis' facial expression as he reviews the mess I made. He controls it.

"I should fuck you up. " He says calmly. I suppose the fact that this isn't his room, but a guest room, is a bonus. "You hurt yourself. " I look down at my bandaged hands. Yea, so? This is pointless.

I get up from the floor and shove my way past him and into the hallway, going straight to the room we've both been fucking and sleeping in since he brought me here. His room. I look around and notice that I have nothing, absolutely nothing of my own to grab. Frustrated I turn back towards the door and leave out, bumping into him but before I can get away he grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Where you goin'?" Grand question.

"I'm leavin', fuck this cause I-"

"You ain't goin' no where. " He tries to pull me closer but I struggle.

"No, let me go!" I rip my grip from his and burn holes into his eyes. "I can't do this shit, ion wanna be cheated on man. I can't deal with that cause I den' went and caught feelin's' for you when I knew I shouldn't have. Sorry but I'm not willing to stick around until you decide to want to be with only me, I needa' go. You hear m-"

My face is smash into Quis' chest and he holds me close, not tight enough to cut off air flow but tight enough. It's cruel what a hug can do to your emotions. And here I thought I'd never cry and mope over a dude, but here I am today doing just that. I try to separate our bodies but he doesn't let go.

"Baby girl, listen to me. Ion want you goin' no where. You already scared da' shit outa me once today when I thought I lost you, don't put me through it again. You want answers I'll give you answers, alright?" He pulls back and grips my chin. "Look at me. Okay?"

I nod and he pulls me into his room, shutting the door behind us and leaving room for me to sit on the bed. He, on the other hand, grabs a rolling chair from the mini work station area in the room and sits in it right across from me. I don't know about this shit, but I'll listen.

"I ain't fuck her, I fucked her up. After I left you I talked business then pulled her to my office for disrespectin' you. She thought it was some other shit and tried to touch me and shit so I fucked her up and when she bounced back I guess her lipstick got on me. "

"Bounced back?"

"I pushed her into a wall. Afterwards I heard the gunshots and I came straight out to check up on you. So wassup, watchu' thinkin'?"

"Why ain't you tell me this inna car?" He grabs my hands in his.

"Because I still couldn't wrap my mind around da' fact that you almost died. " But . . . fuck, maybe it's just me that's wrong. Maybe I'm too invested.