LWTH: 23

*Unedited

Bernard bursts through the office as I'm combing my fingers through my hair, over my left shoulder. He looked around wide eyed at Sunnie and I then relaxed the slightest bit, seeing I wasn't hurt or nothing. I stand from my sitting position on Sunnie's desk and Bernard locks eyes with me.

"Shit took longer den' expected. " He actually explains himself, that's a surprise. "You tryna' leave?"

"Mm-Hm. " He looks at me weird but I ignore him, grabbing my phone off the desk before walking out, not even looking at Sunnie. But he grabs my arm as Bernard exits the room and pulls me back to whisper in my ear.

"Yo pussy was A1, lilmama. I'll give Kanko da' help he need. Maybe you can swing through ag-"

"Fuck is you doin'?" Bernard had came back and was looking at us suspiciously.

"Shit. Just tellin' lilmama I'll make good on our deal. " Now Bernard was staring us down hard as fuck. "What deal? Fuck is you talkin' about?" Sunnie lets my arm go before discretely rubbing his hand down my back and then taking a step back. "She know. "

Mm-mm, I couldn't stay in here. I push past Bernard and leave the garage, waiting for him at the truck while wrapping my arms around myself. I did it. And shit if I ain't feel dirty as fuck for it, but I couldn't just let Kanko die when he got a whole family to look out for. That's just not the type of person I am.

"What da' fuck he talkin' about? What deal?"

"Can we just go?" I really ain't feel like arguing with him on some real shit.

"Nah, fuck dat'. What deal yo stupid ass make wit' Sunnie?" I don't answer him I just stand there there. "I know you hear me talkin' to you! Aye-"

"Can you shut the fuck up and let's get the fuck away from here? Damn! In case yo ignorant ass ain't know somebody tried to kill Quis right where that ugly ass Nisan parked. So can we go?"

I ain't have no faith in the door being unlocked so when I tried it and it ain't open I wasn't surprised. My frustration was getting the better of me and I could feel my eyes filling but I blinked to prevent anything from falling. The sound of the doors unlocking saved me from asking for them to be and I quickly hopped in, buckling my seatbelt and staring out the window. Bernard soon followed and started the car up. I thought he was gonna curse me out or ignore me but his laughing threw me way off.

"You fucked Sunnie?" He was still laughing as he pulled out of the garage parking lot and started driving us away.

"What?" I snap at the fact that he was so accurate in his assumptions. How the fuck he know?

"Damn. " He chuckled. "And here you go preachin' dat', you different bullshit, but go and fuck around while my brotha' gone. " He shakes his head. "Bitches. "

"Whateva', you don't know shit. " My voice don't even raise it just stays neutral. No point in getting worked up when we both know what I did.

"I know you got two hickeys onna' side of yo neck you ain't want me to see earlier, dat's what I know. What I don't know is wassup wit' dis' deal he chattin' bout between ya'll. " Was there any harm in telling him? I guess not since we were far enough away from the garage so that he wouldn't turn around and go back to it.

"He gonna help Kanko for me. " I tell him and his eyebrows scrunch. "He already do dat'. " My eyes roll. "Cause Quis locked up he wasn't goin' to. " Ironically, we come to a damn stoplight and he looks at me. "You tellin' me dat' nigga tryna' snake?"

"Yea, and Kanko called him for help while I was in his office tryna' figure out where da' hell you was at and he told him he wasn't gonna help him. " He thought about that for a second then started driving again.