S2 Chapter 5

Stiles had to go to the mechanic to pick up his car, after Erica did a number on it, it refused to start again. we walked in, hand in hand. Stiles took one look at the mechanic and his car and sped up his pace.

"Hey! Hey! Wha... What do you think you're doing?" He asked him, letting go of his grip on my hand and bending down to watch the mechanic work on his car "All I needed was a starter."

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced too."

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?" Stiles asked.

"Probably gonna run around like, 1,200 parts and labour." The guy said, not looking down at Stiles once. I was so confused.

"Are you kidding? This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter. And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

"I don't." I scoffed. The mechanic looked over at Stiles.

"Do you need what a limited-slip differential is?" Stiles' face dropped.

"No." The mechanic looked away and continued working on the jeep.

"Yeah, could run you more like 1,500."

"Okay, just finish," Stiles exclaimed, grabbed my hand and started pulling me away, like a little boy having a tantrum "I'll be back here, seething with impotent rage." I laughed, watching Stiles basically bursting with fury.

He went to open the door but immediately took his hand off, looking at the clear syrupy substance that got onto his hand. I cringed.

"Yuck, what the hell is that..." Stiles sighed.

"Oh, nice. Real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here." he said, loud enough for the guy to hear. He opened the door and let me in "Don't touch that, it's disgusting." I walked in.

"What a gentleman."

"yeah yeah." He sighed, wiping the substance on his jacket, gross. I looked around in the waiting room and saw a small framed picture of the mechanic guy in a beacon hills lacrosse uniform.

"Figures." I shrugged. I took a seat on the seats and Stiles stood in front of me, taking his phone out. I looked up to see him staring at his phone in confusion "Stiles, what's wrong?" He continued looking at his phone, dropping it and stared at his hands, "Stiles." I stood up, holding his wrists, I started freaking out. What the hell was happening? "Stiles, baby, what's wrong?" He looked up at me, no, he looked past me. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking behind me, seeing a lizard-like creature, slowly crawling towards the mechanic. Stiles let out a small 'hey', trying to alert the guy, he yelled it again, but there was no use. We watched the creature slice the back of his neck and he fell down. I gasped, moving quickly to the door, getting ready to open it before Stiles yelled out.

"No!" I turned around "Do not touch the door!" he yelled. I looked at the handle to see the same substance that got onto Stiles' hands. I gasped, feeling stuck. Stiles took a step towards me and fell, straight down. I ran to his side.

"What do you want me to do? Stiles. Tell me what you want me to do." I rushed out, panicked.

"Call...9..1..1." He mumbled. I nodded vigorously, using my shirt sleeve to cover my hands, just in case any of the syrupy substance got onto the phone, I picked it up from the ground, the worst time to forget my phone at home. I quickly dialled 911 and looked up at the scene while hearing the phone ring. I watched the car lower down onto the guy. The phone ring was cancelled out by an ear-piercing scream of the mechanic getting crushed. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Standing there hopeless.