Chapter 5: Jay

A week had passed since I went to Heesung's party.

I haven't seen him since, so I've been doing a good job at avoiding him.

It was Friday, meaning Heesung's weekly party was tonight. Mimi said she was going—even though she didn't go last time. I decided to stay in the dorm and study, for real this time.

Anyways, I just came out of the library, carrying a new stack of books. One of them was extra heavy, so I was trying to not let gravity take over.

But I was wrong.

Suddenly, all of the books came crashing down on the ground. "Shoot," I cursed, bending down to pick up the books. "Here, let me help you."

I looked up and saw a boy with brown hair. He looked around the same age as me. He picked up the heavier book. "Let me carry this one back to your dorm while you carry the other one."

I smiled and picked up the other book. "That would be helpful. Thank you...um..."

"My name is Park Jongseong, but you can call me Jay for short," he said. "My name is Shin Y/n. I don't have any other names I go by." I nervously chuckled.

Jay and I walked back to my dorm, talking along the way. When we got to my room, he placed the book on my bed. "So, are you studying tonight?"

I nodded. "Yes, I am." "But it's a Friday, which are off days. Like going to a party."

I immediately knew what specific party he was talking about. "Lee Heesung's party? I went last week and I'm never going again."

"I want to ask you the reason, but I also don't want to push into your privacy."

Wow, Jay has manners.

He's sweet and understanding.

I put my hands behind my back and tilted my head. "Well, if I go to the party tonight, will you be there?" I asked. Jay nodded. "Of course. I don't want you to be alone."

Something about Jay made me feel safe and that I could trust him. He gave off a pleasant aura that I enjoyed being around.

"Can I see your phone?" Jay asked. "Sure," I gave him my phone and he typed his number. He handed it back to me, smiling. "I'll text you when I get there. I do hope we spend more time together."

"Me too," I smiled. Then I waved goodbye and Jay left the room.

Looks like I'll be going to Heesung's party again.

Park Jongseong

When I walked out of the dorm, I saw Heesung standing in the distance.

Once he saw me, he walked towards me. "How did it go?" he asked. "Y/n is a pretty cool girl," I replied.

"Did she mention anything about me?"

"No. I told you she wasn't." Heesung's expression suddenly grew darker. "You were supposed to tell her that we're roommates."

I raised my hands in self-defense. "I'm sorry. I'm not the one who has a crush on Y/n." Heesung shoved me. "I don't have a crush on Y/n, Jay; I just want to learn more about her."

"Then why don't you ask her yourself?" Ever since Y/n came to his party last week, Heesung couldn't get her out of his head. Usually, when girls end up in his bed, he pushes them away like scraps.

But not with Y/n.

Heesung avoided my eye contact. "Is she coming tonight?" he asked, avoiding my question. "Yes, she is. There, you'll be able to talk to her."

—————
Omg, y'all thanks for 70 reads. I have ideas for more books now, so I need to start setting them up.
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote!