Epilouge

10 years later

"Mommy! Mingi stole my backpack!"

"No, Minji took mines first!"

The two five-year-olds were running around the living room, chasing and holding each other's backpacks. You sighed as you walked to the place where the commotion was happening.

When the twins were nearing you, you waited for the right moment. When it finally came, you snatched the two backpacks out of their hands, making them fall over.

"Ow, Mommy, why did you do that?" asked Minji. "I told you two not to be running around this house, haven't I?" you snapped. The two children nodded.

"And stop taking each other's stuff. Here," you handed the green backpack to Minji and the purple one to Mingi. "Give the backpacks back and apologize."

"Sorry, Mingi,"

"Sorry, Minji."

The twins handed the backpacks back to their rightful owner. "See, that wasn't hard, was it?" "No," the twins said.

"Is Mommy being mean again?"

You turned to see your husband, Jaeyun, walking in with his briefcase. "Daddy!"

He placed his briefcase on the ground and extended his arms so the twins can run into them. He wrapped his arms around his children and smiled.

Jaeyun stood back up and walked to you, hugging you as well and placing a kiss on your lips. "Why didn't you come and save a couple of minutes ago?" you joked.

"I let you handle the fights; I handle the other stuff," Jaeyun replied, adjusting his glasses. You laughed and shook your head.

"Come on, trouble makers, let get you to school," he said, picking up his briefcase. "Say bye to Mommy first."

The twins ran up to you hugged your legs. "Bye-bye," they said. "Bye, you two; have a good day at school."

They ran back to their father and you waved as everyone walked out the door. You sighed, embracing the silence inside of your house.

Your phone started ringing and took it out of your pocket, answering it. "Hey, Mimi,"

"Y/n! It's been so long since I saw you!" your friend whined. "You saw me last week when we ate lunch together."

"I know, but it feels so long!"

You laughed at your friend's silliness. You were glad that your college roommate stayed your roommate for the remaining years and your best friend.

"I want to meet you up for lunch again today. I have to show you something important," said Mimi. "Oh, are you pregnant again?" you joked.

"Just come to a normal meeting spot at noon," Mimi said quickly. You laughed, knowing that she has four children already. "Will do, see you later." "Bye," You hung up the phone and started to get ready for work.

"So, what's so important that you have to show me?" you asked when you took your seat. Mimi scrolled on her phone and placed it in front of you. It was a news article.

Lee Drug Rapist Released Out of Prison After 10 Years

You picked up the phone and brought it closer to your face. "Am I reading this right?" you asked.

It was your ex-boyfriend from college, Lee Heesung. He was sentenced to fifteen years for raping multiple college girls. His half-brother, father, and the college dean were also arrested because of their involvement.