ONE

Losing memory might not always be a good thing. It can be a curse or a blessing. But for me I guess it was a mixture of both. Time will tell me if it's more of a blessing or curse. Till then I am just going to try being happy.

I do not have my memories before I was six years old. I know I was adopted by many families, but they were all abusive. After all the tough journey, I finally was adopted by this gay couple. I was still a bit wary of them. They respected my boundaries and I respect theirs. They have rules for me to follow but nothing that will hurt me. There are times, when I cannot follow their rules, instead of punishing me, they sat down and talked to me, asking what happened caused me to break their rule.

Once they heard my side of the issue, they advise me on how to avoid making the same mistakes again.

They slowly gained my trust. We are not a perfect family, but I am happy to be with them.

They have been supportive. They did not stop me from working or when they found out that I am running my own business. They just made sure I spend time with them and my friend.

My only friend, Adrian.

"Hey, darling, your papa and I are going for a high school reunion dinner tonight, will you be fine on your own?" dad asked me as I laid on my bed playing on my iPad.

"I should be fine, maybe I will invite Rain over," I inform them.

"Fine, there is dinner enough for both of you in the oven. Heat it up and eat it warm" Dad kissed my forehead and he left. Papa came in after a while to do the same thing.

He made me promise him that I will eat.

I have the tendency to skip meals while I am working on big or important projects.

I had a bad feeling about tonight, but I am not sure why.

"HELLO!" Adrian shouts as he walks into the bedroom,

"Hey" I greeted him as I kept my iPad aside, getting up from my bed.

I stretched my weary bones, hearing the cracks.

"Ouch how long were you sitting without moving?" he looks at me with pain.

"I am not sure, maybe five to six hours," I shrug, not caring.

"Lets' go, dad made us dinner," I pulled him behind me as we run down the stairs to the kitchen.

We put our meals one a plate each and went to settle into the couch as we watch the TV. Adrian put on Queer Eyes on Netflix.

"You, okay?" Adrian asks as he sees me playing with my food.

"I am not sure. Something tells me that tonight will be a long night for me" I sighed as I kept my plate on the coffee table.

"Then eat up as you will need the energy for the night" Adrian gives me a soft smile.

He is right, I thought as I munched through my food slowly.

As we started to play the season two, the doorbell rang. We look at each other. Encouraging each other with a small smile. We walk out to open the door.

Standing there in their uniform looking serious, was two officers.

"Hi, are you Ms. Jasmine? James and Lucas's adoptive daughter?" one of the officers asks me. I nodded my head, fear crawling into my mind.

"We are sorry to inform you that your fathers are in the hospital in a coma. Therefore, you are required to follow us to the station and stay with us until we find a proper guardian to take you in temporarily," he informs me softly.

"I will change into something, and I will get something to keep myself occupied while you do your job" I tell them as I turn around to go to my room. Adrian follows me.

"You want my dad to take you in?" he looks at me,

"Nope, I think this time, something is going to change. Plus, I am sure your dad is papa's and dad's doctor. I need him to take care of them," I answer Adrian softly.

Despite being closed off and distance with my adoptive parents, I really love, so I need them to be alright or I will be broken.

"Okay, call me right away with any information you find. I will go the hospital and keep you updated about your parents' condition" Adrian tells me as we walk back to the door.

"I will see you soon" Adrian hugs me.

I waved at him as I get into the car. The officers drive off.

They let me stay in one of the meeting rooms. I just distracted myself with my business, design some new jewelries and clothes.