Chapter 17

"Is it ready?" I ask the person on the line,

"Yes ma'am. We just need your signature, and we are done" he tells me,

"Okay, I will be there in an hour," I hang up.

"Going somewhere, my queen?" Daniel hugs me from the back swing me around into his chest, making me squeal.

"Somewhere," I teased him.

"Really, can I know where that is somewhere is at?" he whispers in my ear.

"I am going to see our lawyer" I answer him. He looks into my eye trying to read me.

"Why?" he asks when he cannot get the answer from my face.

"Preparing for the worst, and also I have some idiots trying to leak my company information" I lay my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat, calming myself down.

"I hate that you are preparing your Will while I know you will make through it all. I will drop and pick you," Daniel sighs.

"I will love that" I kissed his cheek and went to get ready for my long day ahead.

I know Daniel disagrees, but this will help him to overcome it all.

"Jaz, are you going to tell your family about your health?" he asks we were on the way to my lawyer's office.

"I am not sure, maybe after this week I will tell my dad and see how it goes" I nodded agreeing with my new plan.

"Okay, I will be there with you" Dan smiled as he interwind our fingers together.

It took me 3 hours to get everything settled and prepared. Then Daniel followed me to my company, where we spend around 5 hours to handle and finish our overflowing work.

"We are starving, it is time you feed us~" Jax walked in like a model with a big bag in his hands.

"Well, I used your card to order us some food" Jax spoke as he unpacked the food.

I shook my head at his stupidity.

"Oh, special order for boss," he announce it as he passed me a white box.

I looked at him confused,

"Daniel told me about your health, so I got you something that will be easy on your stomach" he winks.

"I am happy to have you all in my life" I laughed as I opened the box. Amazing aroma filled the room.

We enjoyed our dinner in the office, with jokes and chatter, yes even Daniel joined us.

Daniel is cold hearted to the world only. To our friends and me, he is a normal human being with emotions.

"Jaz when are you going to start planning your fashion show?" Jax asked as he stuffs his mouth with his food.

"I think around next month, we will start prepping for the show" I answered him after I finished eating my food.

He nods and we finished eating.

"I am crashing at office tonight; I will see you when I see you" Jax ran out of the office.

"He got kicked out by his parents again" I shook my head laughing.

"Come on, let's go home, it is time for your meds and rest" Daniel guided me out of the office, with his hand on my lower back.

The ride home was silent with only music playing from the stereo.

We both quickly took a shower and went to bed. Daniel made sure I took my medications and ti was comfortable before he laid next to me.

I smiled as I cuddled with him.

"Baby wake up, your dad is here, and he looks furious for some reason" Dan whispered as he woke me up.

I looked at him confused, I told him I will be down after I freshen up.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face. I walked down to the dining room to see, my dad and my brothers there, glaring at the tabletop. Daniel and I shared a worried look.

"What a sudden surprise, are you guys okay?" I ask them with a worried tone.

"You are worried about us?" Alex looks at me in shock when I nod as a reply to his question.

"Jasmine, we just got the news that you are in terrible health condition, and that you are hiding it from us" Alex ranted.

"Oh" I was shocked, I looked at Daniel. He nodded.

"Who told you that?" Daniel asked them,

"Your dad told our dad" Alex sighs, making Daniel and I to sigh as well.

"Dan, I love pa, but times like this I want to smack him" I grumbled,

"Trust me I feel the same way" he whispers to me as he stands behind me.

"What pa said to Dad is the truth. I planned to tell Dad when I am back," I informed them. All their faces changed especially the siblings one,

"You were only going to tell dad?" William asked me,

"Yeah, and Alex. They were the only ones who treated me normally and with love," I answered honestly.

"Shut up Will, that is not important" Alex chided his older brother.

"Jaz, how bad is it?" Alex looks at me worried, fear etched on his face.

"Very bad. Deadline given to me is two months" I told him calmly,

"Our team, is working hard on the cure for her" Dan stepped in once again,

"We are close to getting the cure" he finished.

"How long?" Dad asked,

"Since the accident/kidnapping. They injected me with an unknow and new virus with no cure. Every month they injected small dose in my body" I shared with dad.

"I am sorry," he apologises as he looks at his hands.

Covering my small hands on his big ones,

"Dad, what happened to us, was and will never be your fault," I smiled,

"Finding you gave me a new reason to fight and live longer" I tell him,

"I am not giving up that easily, but that does not mean you will give me special treatment. Dan is already doing that, it annoys me" I laughed.

"You know what!" Jax walks in not noticing the family, as he hugged me,

"We got the grand hall booked for the show," he laughed,

"That is good, but Jax, I am doing something important" I pushed him and turned him to our family,

"Oh, they know?" He asked, I nodded.

"Come on, remove the sad expression and turn it upside down into a smile," Jax smiled,

"We should not be making Jaz sadder; we should be keeping her happy and active. Less stressful," Jax tells them. Right away everyone looks at him with their full attention.

Soon, they bombard him with questions, making me laugh at his expression, which was painted with regrets.