Nine

It seems like my life recently has been revolving around the hospital. I need to break this routine. This time I am the one laying on the bed.

I look around to see everyone sleeping around the room. The younger ones sleeping on the floor while the older ones are sleeping on the sofa while sitting right up.

I felt someone holding my hand, I look down to see it was Damien laying his head on the side of the bed while his hands was holding mine.

I smile looking at him,

"He did not leave your side the minute you came out of the surgery," I heard River's voice from the side.

I turn to see River standing at the door watching me with a smile.

"Did you sleep?" I ask him worried.

"I did. I promise I will not overwork myself for your cure. But I am close to finding the cure," he smiles as he walks over to me.

"Thank you, Riv," I smile at him widely.

"How long have I been out?" I ask him.

"2 weeks," he informs me.

He loaded me with all the updates that I missed all this while.

'Woah, that is lots of things that happened in two weeks" I laugh in shock.

"I need to ensure that Rain is running the company properly" I sighed worriedly.

"He has been too worried recently. He has been drowning at work. He rarely comes here," River informs me.

I look at him shocked that he know information to a depth.

"I took it upon myself to appoint people to watch over your loved ones," River smiles at me.

Woah, River thinks like me that is why I like him I guess.

"Babe?" Damien looks at me with worry in his eyes.

"Hi!" I smiled at him.

"Woah, I feel like someone drugged me," He clears his throat while rubbing his head.

I look over at River with a smirk, he smiles at me innocently.

"It is fine. You got the rest you deserved," I ruffled his hair playfully.

"What is the update?" I ask him.

"Jack, is on the next step. Rasul will be here soon. We are ready for him," Damien smiles widely.

"It is time to end this once and for all I guess" I lay back down looking up at the ceiling.

I used to be waiting for the chance to end my biggest nightmare, yet now I feel like I am making a biggest mistake. I can finally spend the rest of my life with the ones I love. I do not want to waste the short life I have taking revenge.

"I know what is running in your mind. You will survive it. You will be cured. And you can always can walk out of this" Damien smiles at me softly.

"I will finish this for you," he finishes.

"No. I want to be the one that ends this. I planned this for too long, I cannot back out now," I sigh with a small smile.

"Jasmine," dad called out. The bio one. I turn to look at him.

"You know that you are not alone in this fight. You have your family behind you," he smiles as he exchange places with Dam.

"I know what you are feeling. Remember we are feeling the same as you. We might not have gone through what you went through, but our pain is at the similar level," he speaks softly.

"No matter what happened, you are still our baby girl," he cries.

"Papa. They tortured me, they abused me. They did everything a child should never go through. They made me kill my best friend," I cried out for the first time after 5 years since I killed my best friend, Hazel.

"He destroyed me. He made me a monster. Papa, I am no longer you baby. I am a monster that is awaiting her slow death. A death that is her punishment from the universe for all the innocent lives that was taken cause of me and by me"I whimpered closing my eyes as the face of the ones died by hands flash through my mind.

"You are not a monster. You are a warrior. You fight to survive. I am sure all the innocent victim have forgiven you. I am sure your mama is proud of you. She would be happy to see that her baby has grown into a stronger woman" Dad pulls me into his arms as I cry into his chest.

I guess I needed this.

I needed to know that I do not have to be strong in front of my family. I am happy that they are accepting me despite my flaws. I am happy to be back with them. I slowly drift off in my dad's arms as he hums a familiar lullaby.

"Hi baby," a woman voice reaches my ear waking me up.

Opening my eyes I see that I am in a rose filled field. I look the woman that looks like me but has different eye and hair color. I smile brightly as I recongize her.

"Mama!" I jump into her open arms.

"I miss you so much mama," I cry.

"I know darling. Your dad is right, I am proud of you! You overcame so many painful obstacles. You found your family. Not only that you made our family united again" she praises me with a kiss to my head.

I smiled. I always wanted to hear mama's praise.

"Mama, what is going to happen after I die?" I ask her without a fear for the first time I knew I will not regret dying.

"It is not your time yet, baby. Your brother is working too hard on the cure. You have to fight harder for him and for yourself as well," she smiles at me.

We spend time talking about everything and anything. We share some memories.

Soon I knew that I had to go.

"Will I ever see you again Mama?" I asked her.

"Maybe. But baby, I have something to ask you," she looks at me seriously.

"Yes mama?"

"Promise to keep your brothers safe and happy. Promise to help you dad find love again," She smiles widely.

"I promise mama, I will make you proud," I smiled giving her a tight hug.

"I will always be proud of you. Remember I am always watching over you and listening to you. I love you baby" she kisses my cheeks as tears roll down both our faces.

"I love you too Mama" I whisperback as everything turned black.