Eleven

It has been waiting game.

"Come on, how long are we going to stare at each other. I have a family to return to," I chided as I sat down crossed leg, acting like I am bored.

"I know what you are planning. I know your plan. Jasmine, I raised you," he smirks at me.

I laugh out.

"You raised me? You destroyed me. I raised like a phoenix from the ashes you made out of me," I stood up right at his face.

"Rasul, I am not someone you know. I have changed yet you are still the same,"

"You have showed me your fear of my brother," I pointed at my brother.

"Yet I will not make it easy for you," I smirk at my long time enemy.

"Jasmine, if you let me go, I will give you the cure that you have been looking for all these years," Rasul begs as he finally breaks.

"Rasul, you are one funny man. You have yet to realize. I am no longer dying," I stand up. My stance was filled with confident and alive.

"You have not observed me closely. Do I look like I am dying?" I stretch out both my arms. He scans me from top to bottom, he face turns ashy pale when he figures out I was not lying to him.

"The minute, I am back home, it was countdown to your doom," I click my tongue as I walk closer to him.

"You did not keep track on my family's growth and achievements. You forgot who they are, you only focused on taking me back that you also did not remember that I had grown stronger," I speak as I walk closer to him.

Rasul gulps in fear. I look up to see the laughter in my brother's eyes.

"Cause I think he remembers who I am," Brandon finally speaks. I look at him confused.

"I have beaten him near to death three times at the underground fight club," Brandon smiles evilly.

"Seriously!" I laugh hard falling to my knees.

"You got beaten to death by my brother who is younger than you." I chuckle.

"Then brother, I will give you a honour to beat him to near death again for the 4th time," I waved at him to start.

"No! Jasmine, I will give you the cure and tell you the real mastermind that is after you," Rasul falls to his knees.

"Ah, so there is some else pulling the moves," I smiled as he confirms my doubt.

"Yet, once again you are telling me something that I already know," I sighed.

"Rasul, it's your life at stake here," I checked my nails as I walk closely.

"Go ahead. Don't kill him brother. I will be the one to take his last breath away from him. He doesn't deserve easy death" I gave my orders to my brother as I walk away ignoring Rasul's screams.

Somehow that bring me slight relief. It feels like I washed away years of nightmare. I feel like I am stepping out of my darkness.

"Jasmine," Damien whispers as he pulls me into his arms.

I breathe in the scent that always calms me down. Yet, it was not enough.

"Pass her to me," River tells Damien, who passes me gently to River.

"You did great, princess. It is alright, you won the fight, you can leave the rest to us," River whispers smoothly to me as my eyes closes with each word he spoke.

"I love you," I whisper the words that I yearn to say all this years to the ones I lost.

"We love you too baby" he kisses my forehead as I fall asleep.

River

"She had a tough life," I stated as I look at my baby sister sleeping peacefully in my arms.

"Yes she did. It was too tough that this is the first time we are seeing her sleep so peacefully without any worry," Liam looks at Jasmine softly along with her boyfriend.

Not happy that my sister has found a boyfriend at this age. He treats her well and she is happy with him. I will not and will never taken her happiness away.

I will never be the reason that my sister is sad or cry.

I want to be the reason for her smiles, I want to be the reason her eyes light up.

I want to give her excuses to make me hide her while our other brothers chase her.

I want her to seek comfort from me during her darkest days.

I know years have passed and we have changed. I just want to be the rock for my sister.

But I have to ensure that she is cured. Then I will pamper like the queen she is.

"She hates being pampered" Damien speaks up as we drive to the hospital.

Jasmine is due for her next dose of treatment. This dose is going to be terrible.

"Too bad then," I replied him tonelessly.

He may date my sister but that does not mean I have to like him.

He raises his hands in surrender.

"River is Jasmine's fav brother. She is not going to hate him nor the way he pampers her," Lucas laughs from the back seat.

"You guys might be right," Damien nods in agreement.

He might be a mafia boss but he is very down to earth, he listens and knows how to be humble. Good.

Damien lays Jasmine on the bed gently as I prepare her next injection.

I wiped her arm clean with an alcohol wipe, and I turn to the table and took the injection filled with a cure that I created. After this dose, she needs to take one more dose.

"Will she be fine?" William stands next to me as he watches me inject our sister.

"Yes, but I will give the most accurate answer after I see the result of this dose," I look at my eldest brother with a small smile.

He pats me on my shoulder softly as if he was thanking me.

"Guys," I addressed everyone in the room, everyone turns to look at me excluding Jasmine who is still sleeping.

"The dose I just gave Jasmine, it will take a toll on her body. She will be vomiting, she will not have appetite. We have to make sure one of us is always around to take care of her. She will be weak to even walk to the toilet," I inform them.

They all look sad.

"Nope. No sad looks or feeling. If this happens it means she is recovering," Rain's father addressed the room.

I looked at him grateful.