Chapter 18

It has been a week since my family found out about my illness. They have been treating me like a fragile glass. Hell, they even kept me away from Daniel.

But it has not affected me at all, as he has been busy with the team who are trying to create a cure for me.

"That's it!" I shouted gaining all their attention,

"Yes, I am sick, yes, I may die soon. But stop treating me like I might break. It is getting annoying, and I feel suffocated" I sighed.

"Baby, I am sorry, I did not know that we made you feel like that" Dad spoke sadly.

I took a deep breath,

"Dad, I understand it is shocking for you all. I have known about this and have been handling it for many years. I get where you are coming from. I want you to remember that Dan is working hard to get a cure. Till the last breath I am not giving up the hope that I will survive this battle one day" I smiled at them.

"Remember, I am not fighting this alone, I have a whole team behind me, running against time together with me," I informed them, as I felt someone hug me from behind. I lean back into the familiar chest.

"She is right. We are not giving up at all. If I have to put her into a coma to stop the poison from spreading, I will do it" he kissed the top of my head.

I shook my head.

"Well, you guys do not have to worry about anything. I already prepared my Will. No one has to fight for anything" I laughed softly, only to get glares in return.

"Sorry. I just want to make sure you all relax a bit" I gulped in fear.

"You know, I hate this joke, it means, I have to give you a punishment," Jax gave me a creepy smile,

"What you want?" I took a step back in fear.

"Well, you are multi-talented. No one in this room, has not tasted your cooking yet" he smiled confidently.

"Fine, I will cook dinner tonight" I waved my hands in defeat.

"Not only tonight, for one week, you have to cook for us" Jax smiles,

"Jax, she cannot over work herself," Dan sighs rubbing his head.

"We will assist her," Jax replied as he pulled my brothers with him.

I shook my head; I am not sure what he is planning. I will go alone with it to satisfied him.

"River! Stop crying, and cut the onions properly," Alex shouted at his brother who was crying unwillingly.

"I am not crying; this stupid thing is burning my eyes" River shouts back.

"Alright, is the potatoes ready?" I asked as I got ready to cook them.

"Yes, here they are" Dan passed me a bowl of potatoes,

I cooked them slightly first. I will be cooking them again when I add them to the curry later.

"Who is cutting the carrots?" I asked,

"Dad is cutting them," Alex tells me, I turn around and saw dad concentrating hard as he cuts them properly and in consistent shape and size. I smiled at his effort to make sure each piece is perfect.

"Dad, relax, and just cut them normally, it is okay if they are not perfect" I smiled at him, he nods, but continues to cut them perfectly.

I finished cooking the curry after an hour, thanks to River crying endlessly.

"Next time, you should wear a glass, it will sting lesser" I advised him, making him to look at me in shock. I just shrugged.

"You could not have told me that earlier?!" He grumbled.

"Revenge is meant to be sweet" I laughed.

"Jaz, you have your next check up tomorrow," Dan tells me as we watch a movie after dinner.

"Okay, you are coming?" I look up to him, he nods.

"Always. You should ask your dad to come with you" he suggested. I shook my head,

"I am asking William to come with us" I informed him, he looks at me in confusion.

"He hates me the most. Therefore, he will handle the news better than Dad" I said.

"Oh" Dan smiles, getting where I was coming from.

"Hey, William! Do you want to follow us for my check up tomorrow?" I asked him as we walked back to our respective rooms. He stops and looks at me confused.

"She thinks you will be able to handle the news better than the others" Dan informs him.

"Oh, I will be there then" he replies softly and walks off.

"Did we hurt him?" I tilted my head, as I watch him walk into his room with his head bowed down.

He seems heartbroken.

"Of course, he is" Dan laughed,

"Why?" I looked confused.

"He loves you babe. You just talked to him professionally instead with love" Dan smiles at me softly as he laid down next to me.

"Oh, I did not know. I always thought he hated me" I replied.

"Talk to him tomorrow. How about you drive there with him, giving time for you two to get to know each other" he gives me idea.

I nodded as I cuddled with him, falling asleep.

"Morning William!" I greeted him when I saw him walk into the kitchen as I drank my bottle of water.
"Not eating anything?" he asks me softly,

"Nope, no solid foods till I finish the tests" I sighed sadly.

He nods.

"Drive me there?" I ask him,

"You sure?" He asks me, I nod.

We got ready and met at the garage.

"Which car you want to drive?" I ask him, he looks at all the cars.

"I will take that one" he points to the custom-made car, which was gifted to me from Daniel. I laughed,

"It is my favorite car,"

"Oh, you are sure, you want me to drive it?" he looks at me for confirmation,

"Yup, I am sure" I replied with a smile. I threw him the keys before sliding into the passenger seat.

I leaned back to rest.

"Are you okay?" he asks me after driving.

"Yes, just feeling more tired than usual" I tell him.

"Do not close your eyes, do not give in yet. It is because you have not left the house in a long time," he tells me.

I think he is right. I think I got mentally tired from just thinking of going to the tests. To be honest I am sick and tired of getting poked by needles every month.

It has been like this for the past few years.