Chapter Nine

Seulgi was the first to wake up, the bright sun shine peeking into her living room through the thin white curtains. As she stood up, rubbing her eyes, she was confused as of why she woke up in the living room until she remembered the events that happened the day before.

She walked to her room to see Irene sleeping peacefully in the bed. Seulgi smiled at the sight, sighing. "What am I supposed to do with this girl?" She asked herself, a soft laugh escaping her mouth after.

Walking back to the living room, Seulgi heard some shuffling from her bedroom. "Wow, she woke up as soon as I left?" Seulgi asked herself, giggling. She walked back to the room to see a mysterious black figure standing next to Irene. Seulgi's heart dropped.

"Hello..?" Seulgi said, the black figure looking at her. Seulgi took a step back as fear filled her body, the black figure looking directly at her.

Seulgi blinked, the figure disappearing. "What the hell.. WHAT THE HELL?" Seulgi panicked, running to Irene, who was still fast asleep.

"Irene, wake up! Get the hell up!" Seulgi said, shaking Irene's shoulders. "Mmnh.. What do you want?" Irene asked, leaving Seulgi shocked. "What do you mean 'What do you want?' I want to know if you're okay!" Seulgi said. As of now, Seulgi was like the embodiment of anxiety.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Asked the confused girl, rubbing her eyes. "You seriously didn't see that thing standing right next to you!?" Seulgi asked. "No- What did it look like?" Irene asked.

"Well, it was the shape of a person, but it was wearing a black cloak. I could barely see it's face because the shadow from the cloak, so all I could see was it's eyes.. It was fucking scary!" Seulgi said, her trembling hands holding onto Irene's arm.

"You're probably hallucinating. Go get some more rest, it's only 7 am." Irene said, laying back down and throwing the soft blanket over herself and cuddling the pillow next to her. Seulgi sighed, letting go of Irene and standing up. She walked to the other side of the bed, laying down next to Irene, but facing the other way so that both of their backs were facing opposite ways.

Seulgi slowly drifted asleep, Irene keeping a close look at her to make sure she was definitely asleep. She pincher Seulgi's cheek, earning a groan from the younger girl. "Perfect." Irene said, smirking. She stood up and slid on her shoes, leaving the apartment.

Irene walked down the stairs and into the streets, looking left and right for that mysterious shadow Seulgi claimed she had seen. Irene knew this shadow and she knew what a harm it could be to Seulgi. She had to find it, and soon.

She walked down the street, shivering from the cold. The farther she walked down the street, the more nervous she felt. This shadow could majorly injur, or even kill Seulgi.

Soon enough, Irene had found the mysterious shadow hiding in the woods where she was forbidden from visiting. "Why, hello there my dear Joohyun." The woman said, grabbing onto Irene's chin. "I'm glad you got the hint!" She said, grinning menacingly.

"What do you want from me?" Irene asked, hands starting to tremble. "I want you back home, Joohyun." Said the woman, frowning. "Mom.. I can't stay here. I feel like such a burden. But, with the human, I feel happy, and I feel like I belong!" Irene said, smiling softly, her cheeks turning red at the thought of Seulgi.

"You feel like a burden and like you don't belong when you're at home, but you feel happy when with a lousy human?" Estria asked, a look of shock spreading across her face. "Do you know how I'm treated here?" Irene asked, growing angrier by the second. She arrived nervous, but was sure to leave upset.

"The vampires of this community treat me as if I'm nothing but the dirt they walk on. I don't feel like a vampire here, you all treat me as though I'm a human with no worth." Irene said, a tear falling from her eye.

"Irene darling, please come home. Once I speak with everyone, I guarantee you will never be treated in such a way again." Estria said, trying her hardest to persuade Irene to come home.

"I need to leave now." Irene said turning around. "I shall never return." Irene told her mother, walking out of the forest. "And please, for the love of all that is holy, do not hurt the human I am staying with." Irene said, leaving the forest for good.

"That damn human.. Stealing my daughter.. Might as well be a damn witch!" Estria said, punching the tree, wood snapping. "I'll get my daughter back one way or another."

A/N: hi guys! my wrist pain is getting worse.. i might have carpal tunnel..! but ill still try to update! please be patient for future chapters >__< luv u guys the most!