Chapter Twelve

"I have a proposal." Eldra said, interrupting the long silence. "I don't want to accept any offerings from you, I want you to leave and never return." Irene said coldly, Eldra smirking.

"Just listen." Eldra said, Irene staying silent.

"You may continue living this way with the humans. You may eat their food, chat with them, shop with them, and do natural human activities with them." Eldra said, sparking Irene's interest. "What shall I give you in return?" Irene asked.

Eldra smirked once again, her fangs being exposed. "You must feed off Seulgi, as she will be your caretaker for the time you live in the human realm." Eldra explained, Irene's heart dropping to her stomach.

"Mother.. Humans have a limited blood supply. You mustn't have me rely on her, who will take care of me after all of her blood is gone?" Irene spoke, her voice sounding clearly upset.

This was by far the hardest decision of her life. It was a difficult choice, choosing permanent misery or temporary happiness. Irene would be sad in the end no matter what she chose. If she were to feed off of Seulgi, Seulgi would run out of blood and eventually die, as all humans do. If she were to return to the vampire village with her mother, she would have to leave Seulgi behind and live in permanent, never ending despair.

"Is there any other way I can continue life in this world, mother?" Irene asked, Eldra thinking.

"Fine, another proposal then. The proposal is the same as earlier, but my demand has differed." As Eldra spoke, Irene grew continuously nervous, not knowing what cruel ideas her mother had in mind.

"Seulgi will remain as your caretaker, but you will not rely on her for blood. As a caretaker, Seulgi shall bring you food, am I correct?" Eldra asked, Irene nodding.

"So then Seulgi must find you food. As your caretaker, she must provide for you. She must bring you mortals to feast on so you shall not feast on her. Understood?" Eldra asked.

"Mother, Seulgi wouldn't kill her own kind. She mustn't, as it is a sin in this world." Irene protested, not phasing Eldra.

"I'll explain it again, in a way that maybe you'll understand." Eldra said, irritation all over her face. "If you wish to continue living in this world, Seulgi shall kill others and bring them to you, allowing you to feast. Understood?" Eldra smiled.

"I understand well, though I don't know how Seulgi will take it.." Irene looked down at the fainted Seulgi. Her breath was slow as though she was asleep.

"Well then, may I?" Eldra asked, smiling slightly. "I suppose, mother." Irene said as she stood up, arms out at her sides. She positioned herself as Jesus was placed on the cross.

Irene flinched as Eldra's hands began glowing a faint green light, the light being shot to Irene's stomach and head. Her pupils began to fade to a light shade of gray, her limbs growing weaker by the second.

Now under Eldra's control, Irene leaned down and held Seulgi like a baby, whispering bitter words into her ears. "For you, for me." Irene finished whispering to Seulgi, taping around Seulgi's ear with her finger tips.

"Excellent. I suppose I shall leave now, correct?" Eldra asked, Irene nodding in agreement. "Well, I'll miss you my dear Irene, my first daughter." Eldra said, kissing Irene's forehead. "Goodbye, Irene." Eldra waved, disappearing in the blink of an eye- literally.

Irene blinked,

Eldra was gone.