E-Easy to Love (The Jezebels)

March 2010

Ryan doesn't know how to react when Chad walks through the door to his apartment. Sharpay's arms stay splayed out Vana white style like she's just delivered a jet ski and not a grown man.

The reaction is the same as every other time, the butterflies kick up in his stomach and he hates the fact that they are just standing there.

"Well, I have to go," Sharpay squeezes her way out the door and the silence lingers on. If neither of them breaks it then neither of them has to address it, or the distance, or emotions. So, neither does. Chad wraps Ryan into a tight hug and they both melt inward, fitting together in a way Ryan has found he just doesn't fit into anyone else. Then it shifts, ever so slightly and they are dancing. 1&2&3-4&5&6&7-8

All of the awkwardness that hung around on phone calls has totally disappeared. No matter what else has changed or how much they have grown, they are still Chad and Ryan.

Three years feels like a long time when Ryan looks back on Graduation but right here, he realizes three years doesn't create brand new people from the one's you knew.

"I've been practicing," Chad's voice breaking the silence almost makes Ryan jump. He just still can't believe Chad is really here. He has a million questions but none of them seem worth the time right now. Some of them he isn't sure he wants the answers too at all. Well, except for one.

"Practicing with who?" The answer isn't important, Ryan is positive he knows already and the stifled laugh that comes from Chad only confirms his suspicions.

"Uhh, Sharpay actually." Bingo