K-Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer)

July 2006

Another dance lesson, another wrong step, another mini temper tantrum from Mr. Danforth.

"Leave me here to rot." He calls out slightly muffled with his face pressed against the floor.

"No, this floor is expensive, and I am positive a decomposing body would ruin it." Ryan nudges Chad with his foot. "Get up I have an idea."

Chad pushes up off the floor and follows behind Ryan. Wordlessly Ryan weaves through the halls and out the main door before breaking into a full sprint. Chad has to put in work to keep up until Ryan stops short and eats shit on the freshly watered golf course.

"You alright there flash?" Chad sticks out his hand and Ryan grabs it to stand back up.

"Yep." Ryan adjusts his clothes and checks quickly for stains, which aren't too bad. "Okay, dance."

"Huh?" Chad just stares at him.

"You heard me." Ryan laughed holding his hand out. "We have been practicing near nightly for over a month. Dance."

"To no music? What about Fulton? Didn't Gabbi and Troy just get in trouble for this." Chad looks around a bit like he's checking for other people on the green.

"You don't need music and I own this place." Neither of those are technically true but Ryan is trying to prove a point and Chad needs to play along for it to work.

"Fine," Chad grabbed his hand and cautiously started leading. Soon enough they're dancing, silently across the damp grass. Chad is certainly not going to be a ballroom champion anytime soon, but Ryan is impressed.

"See? You know these steps. Taylor is lucky to be going to prom with someone who cares so much, just don't get in your own way." They slow to a stop and that look is back in Chad's eyes.

"Yeah." Chad nods. Ryan decides he will decode that look by the end of the summer.