15. Pizza shop or Coffee shop

(Not my art)

I was already dreading this trip. In the car, you can hear Tim and Damian arguing over which place to go. How did we get here you ask? Well, let's take it back about 8 minutes.

~Approximately 8 minutes earlier~

"So, Lucy. You still haven't told us where you want to go yet." Dick hasn't stopped bugging me about where I want to go since we left the house.

"Like I said the last 20 times, one of you decide, because I don't really care."

"Geez, you're difficult." Tim, I do not need your sarcasm right now!

"Leave her alone Tim. Maybe she just doesn't know what she wants." Thank you Dick.

"At least me and this idiot can agree on something at least." Damian just had to chime in.

Since everyone was hellbent on trying to insult me (except for Dick) for not making up my mind, I decided to ask Tim and Damian. I turned around in my seat so I would be facing them.

"Ok, since you're both criticizing me for not being able to make up my mind, why don't you guys decide where we go?" They both looked at me for a second and that's when they decided to open up their mouths to speak.

"Pizza place."

"Coffee shop."

They both turned to look at each other with looks that could kill.

"Pizza, really? What are you 7?" Tim was scrutinizing Damian for his choice.

"You're one to talk. You sound like a lonely old man who has nothing better to do than go to a coffee shop and stare at underage girls."

That was clearly the last straw for Tim because the second Damian said that, Tim grabbed him by his collar and brought him close to his face.

"You little bastard." Tim said in a low deep voice, that, I don't know about Damian, but definitely scared me.

"Boys! Stop fighting! Now is not the time!" Dick replied with his own booming deep voice. I knew he was probably silently blaming me. I know I did. And, I kinda felt bad for making them fight like this to. So to help stop them and make up for starting it in the first place, I decided to tell them where I want to go.

"Excuse me?" They were arguing so loud that nobody could hear me. So I decided to talk a little louder."Excuse me?" They still didn't hear me, so I decided to kick it up a notch.

"HEY! LISTEN TO ME!"

"WHAT!?!" All the boys in the car screamed at me. Even Dick. Which took me aback. It made me feel a little bad so I ended up shrinking back in my seat. He didn't notice my movement and just stared at the road driving.

"Um, I know where I want to go now." I said with a very not so confident voice.

"Oh yeah? And where's that?" Tim asked me with a sarcastic voice.

"The park."

"The park? Really? You could have saved us so much trouble if you'd of said that earlier." I looked at my feet in shame. I know I didn't really have anything to be ashamed about but, I just felt guilty.

"Tim. Enough." Dick took a quick side glance at my forlorn expression and said," The park sounds like a great idea, thank you for suggesting it. Any objections?" No one said anything. "Good, then the park it is then."

It was silent the rest of the car ride. We were walking towards a picnic table to sit down at. It was a beautiful day. Perfect even. The sun was high and there was a little breeze blowing through. I spotted an ice cream cart on our way that I don't think anybody else noticed and I was debating on whether to say anything. I finally decided to speak up just because it was way too awkwardly silent for my taste.

"Um,I saw an ice cream cart earlier, if anyone's up for that?"

"Really? Then I'll go grab us some. Tim why don't you come with me and Lucy can stay with Damian." Dick was suggesting my death which I was not happy about.

"Or, I could go with you and Tim could stay with Damian?"

"You're the one I'm supposed to be treating, so why don't you just stay here and relax while we go get you an ice cream, ok?"

"Ok." I agreed, but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it. Surprisingly, Damian didn't retaliate against staying with me.

"Alright, so I know Tim wants chocolate chip mint, Damian wants vanilla, I want vanilla, what do you want Lucy?"

I know what I want, but, you know that feeling you get, kinda like the feeling you get when you're eating in front of cute boys and you don't want them to think you're some kind of foodie, so you take small bites, or just don't eat at all? Yeah that's now. But, I guess I can build up enough courage to at least tell him which ice cream I want.

I took a deep breath *inhale* "Chocolate please." *exhale*

Nice. Good job Lucy, you deserve a metal.

"Alright, do you want a cone or a cup." Oh my gosh.When is it going to end? I really wanted a cone, but, I decided to get a cup.

"A cup is fine."

"Alright, Damian what do you want, cup or cone?"

"Cone." Really.

"Tim?"

"Cone." You gotta be kidding me.

"And I think I'll get a cone. Alright Tim, let's go. Stay with Lucy Damian and we'll be right back." With that, both Dick and Tim walked away.

Once they were further enough away to where they couldn't hear, I sighed.

"If you wanted a cone, you should have just said so." I looked at Damian a little bit surprised. I didn't think he was to type to first initiate conversation.

I just looked down."You really don't understand girls, do you?"

"Should I?"

"It'll help you with talking to them."

"Ok then, what do you know?"

"A lot considering I am a girl."

"Yeah, I don't think so."

"What do you mean you don't think so?"

"You're not a girl, you're a gorilla."

"....."

I know I'm supposed to feel insulted by that....but.

".....Pfft....hic....HAHAHAHA!" I started laughing my but off. I looked over at Damian to see him with a disgusted look on his face, which only added to my giggles more. I doubled over and grabbed my stomach with tears pricking my eyes.

"I don't understand you at all."

"It's just...pfft...you remind me....hic....of my brother...pfft....that's all."

I continued laughing for a while until I was finally able to stop.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry. About your brother."

I looked at Damian for a second. I mean, did he really just say that?

"It's not like he's dead. But thanks for saying that. That might've been the nicest thing you've said to me so far."I was grinning ear to ear.

"Stop smiling like an idiot. You look stupid gorilla."

And there it is. But maybe he's coming around. Just maybe.