25. Our almost car crash

The day after Wally was acting fishy went pretty normal. I talked to Dami a little bit. It feels nice talking to him. He reminds me a lot of my brother. I still haven't really spoken to Tim recently. In fact I don't think I've seen him come out of his room. Course, he could come out when everybody's sleeping. Yeah that has to be it. Because I can't see him going one day without coffee. I've also been having some nice conversations with Bruce the next couple of days. He's told me a lot about himself. Even though I know most of his backstop already, it was still nice to know he felt comfortable enough around me to talk about it. Oh yeah! One more thing. I haven't seen Jason since...that night. I also haven't told anyone else about it either.

Surprisingly, after only about 5 days after Dick left, he came back. Said when he told Kori about me being really excited to meet her, she got excited herself and wouldn't stop bugging him to bring me. She had a lot more seriousness about her then I originally thought. Of course, I am meeting her when she's a little older. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me back up a little bit. By a little bit, I mean the part where I had to stay in the same car as Dick for who knows how long, teasing me about the crush I used too have on him.

"Don't worry, it's nothing to be ashamed about."

"Easy for you to say." He's been doing this too me for 15 minutes straight. The ego on this guy fascinates me.

Dick had grabbed some coffee from the mansion before we left and took a sip. He set it back in the cup holder and started speaking again. "So, why do you want to meet Kori so bad?" I looked over at him like he was stupid and said. "That's a dumb question. I mean, it's STARFIRE for petes sake. Who wouldn't be excited to meet her."

Dick just made a 'I don't care face. He reached for his coffee and said 'mm-hm' while taking another sip. Meanwhile, I was fixing to continue my statement. I knew the thing that's about to come out of my mouth would make him do a double take, but his reaction was funnier than I expected. "Plus, she's innocent, sweet, nice-"

Right before I could say the next word, Dick spit his coffee all over the windshield and started driving in the other lane! We were heading straight for a car and while Dick was still busy trying to compose himself, I grabbed the wheel and yelled, "Look out!"and turned the wheel back to the right side of the road.

He grabbed the wheel and finally composed himself.

"Geez Dick! You almost killed us!" He took a glance at me and said, "Innocent you say." He had this weird grin on his face like he didn't almost just kill us. After a good minute of silence we both burst out laughing. Dick of course making sure he still watched the road.

"Don't worry. I know how Kori really is at this age when she's dating you."

"Yeah I was about to say. I thought you knew everything about us."

"I was just messing with you to get a good laugh."

"Well, it clearly worked." The next couple of minutes were silent. Eventually I brought up the fact that Wally stopped by a couple of days ago.

This part wasn't really necessary to mention. But this memory of me and Dick messing around is one that I always like to look back on when I'm sad.