18. Your Man

It was a silent drive back to the mansion. Once we arrived, everyone went off on their own, while Dick headed back to Bludhaven. I'm now sitting in my room at my desk writing about today's events.

Honestly, I accomplished the exact opposite of what I wanted. I wanted all of us to get along and get closer. I think I've defiantly made a little progress with Damian and Dick. But not with Tim. In fact I think I've drifted even farther from him.

I felt very defeated. I don't know how I'm ever going to get close with him.

I decided to go to bed and sleep everything off.

The next morning was slow. But I guess that was a good thing. I ran into Bruce.

"Oh, Lucy. I wanted to let you know that I've enrolled you in the school that Tim is going too. Also, Dick told me about what happened. I'm sorry, you shouldn't have to put up with him acting like this."

"Oh no, it's fine.I mean, I know where he's coming from.Not that he needed to be so rude to me, but it's okay."

I looked back up at him and he was looking at me with a smile on his face.

"You know with your build and height, you look very intimidating like that."

"So I've been told." He chuckled a little bit.

"Alright well, I'll leave you too it." As he was walking away, he put his hand on my head and ruffled my hair.

~Bruce's Pov~

As I walked away,I lifted my hand and ruffled her hair.

Wait, why did I do that? It's out of my nature.

I just kept walking like normal, but in my head I was questioning my actions a moment ago. I mean we haven't really talked that much. In fact I don't really know that much about her past. I tried looking her up before but nothing came up. Which really lead me to believe her story, no matter how unbelievable it is.

I guess I'll try talking to her later. I mean she is living here. I should know something about her.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I almost didn't notice that Tim was sitting in the living room watching TV and drinking coffee.

I looked at him thinking about what Dick had said to me.

~Flashback to yesterday after they got back brought to you by Josh~

~Dick's Pov~

I told Lucy that I was heading back to Bludhaven, course, she was the only one I could tell since Damian and Tim got out before I could say anything.

Instead I went to the bat lair to tell Bruce about what happened.

When I got there he was sitting in his chair looking at his computer.

"What is is Dick?" He always knows whose coming even if he can't see them.

"Something happened today." He stopped what he was doing and turned around in his chair.

"Continue."

"Well, it didn't go well." And so, I continued to explain the situation to Bruce. When I finished, he had an indifferent expression on his face.

"That is a problem. I will talk to Tim when I get the chance."

"You should also talk to Lucy when you get the chance. She's a good kid."

"Alright, I'll talk to her as well."

"...."

"Well if that's it, I'll be on my way."