The flame...

Sara's POV

"I suppose this feels like a day at the beach for you." I said to Snart.

"If I had to pick a way to die, freezing wouldn't be the worst." He admitted. "What's it like? Dying? I imagine you have a unique perspective."

"You know, it's funny." I said, thinking back on my death. "I mean, you'd expect it to be terrifying, just panic and fear."

"What'd you feel?"

"I guess lonely. Yeah. Like everyone I loved was a million miles away."

"Like Jessica." I looked at him for the first time in a while.

"What?"

"You love her. Just trying to prove a point." He said honestly.

"And what point is that?"

"I had this girlfriend a few years ago. Her name was Cassie. She was a bad girl with a family full of cops. We were really good friends. Then, she was my girlfriend. She used to come on heists with me and Mick. I loved her. One night, we went on a heist, but the person we were working with betrayed us. The cops showed up. Including her father. I watched them shoot her. I watched her father pull the trigger on his little girl without me getting to tell her I loved her."

"And here I thought no one could break you."

"The point is tell her while you can. Because sometimes it's going to be too late and you're going to look back on it the rest of your life saying 'what if?'"

XXX

Jessica's POV

"You ready?" I asked him as we walked towards the cargo bay.

"Given I never designed the A.T.O.M. suit for outer space, I'm not sure exactly how to answer that question." He told me and Kendra honestly.

"Good luck." Kendra patted his shoulder before we walked away.

XXX

"How's it going out there?" I asked Ray who was currently fixing the breach in the hull of the ship.

"Good. By which I mean utterly terrifying. I'll have the breach sealed in two more minutes."

"Okay. How's your oxygen level?" Kendra asked him.

"Uh, I think the technical term is lousy."

"Just two more minutes. You got this." Kendra reassured him. I knew Kendra had it under control, so I slipped out into my quarters, grabbing an old photo of my parents.

"I miss you both." I said as I ran my thumb over my mother's cheek. "Life's kicking my ass right now. We can't get Savage. Rip is being held hostage. And the love of my life keeps kissing me and telling me it's nothing. If you guys were here you'd have something smart to say. I don't know if I should give up or keep fighting for Sara." Just then, I remembered a conversation I had with my father.

London, 2146

"Hey sweety."

"Hey dad." I smiled back at him. "What's up?" He sat next to me.

"Can I tell you a story?" I nodded. "I met your mother 20 years ago. She was a client at the bank I worked at at the time. I knew I loved her the moment I set eyes on her, but her? Not so much. I asked her to go on dates with me for almost 3 years before she actually said yes."

"Why didn't you give up?"

"Because I felt that we were meant to be. Not here." He pointed at his head. "But here." He placed a finger over my heart. "You never stop fighting for someone you know you're meant to be with, okay? Never stop fighting for someone you love. Promise me Jessie."