Salvation, 1871

I knocked on the parlour to get Rip's attention.

"What is it with you people that whenever we go into a new timeline, you feel the need to pick up-" He paused when he saw Jonah. "Strays."

"Nice." Jonah looked around. "I didn't get to see it the last time around."

"Last time?" Ray asked.

"How much did you tell them?" Rip asked me.

"As little as possible." I studied his face. It was still littered with tiny cuts and bruises from last week.

"Then, it is a long story which we will not be telling." Rip told Ray.

"My coat suits you good." He half complimented Rip.

"What are you doing here Jonah?" Rip asked him.

"Collecting on a bounty, wetting my whistle, when yours and Jessie's friends here got in a lot of trouble."

"And where were you while this was happening?" Rip asked me.

"I went out to the back for some air."

"Why did you need air?" He asked, confused.

"Sara and I ran into Sammy." I explained. "Needless to say, they were both pissed."

"And we might've gotten into a brawl back in town." Ray said to Rip.

"Well, that was entirely predictable."

"One of them poured lead into a member of the Stillwater Gang." Hex told him.

"Mr. Rory." Rip sighed.

"Snart actually." Ray corrected him.

"Oh, that was gonna be my next guess." Rip told him.

"This guy tried to kill Grey." Jax told Rip and I. "Snart saved him."

"And brought this town a whole lot of hell in the bargain. These boys you were trading hands with in the saloon, they're all members of the Stillwater gang."

"Why can't a gang ever be a bunch of good guys?" Ray asked.

"Jeb Stillwater and his friends been raiding this town for the past three months. Stealing, robbing, killing."

"Well, he's gonna have to go through us." Ray said energetically.

"No he won't." Rip shot him down. "No doubt your- your little ruckus has already placed the timeline at risk, to say nothing of potentially alerting the hunters to our presence here."

"Sounds like someone's planning to bust out of town again."

"Seriously Rip. We owe it to all those people and Calvert to stay and help." I defended Hex.

"Leaving already?" Mick walked into the bridge.

"No. No." Ray said. "Look, this town is being terrorized by the Stillwater gang." He put on his hat. "And I aim to do something about it." He said in a western accent.

"You aim to?" Mick asked. "You getting all Native on us, Haircut?"

"Look, we signed onto this mission-"

"To stop Vandal Savage." Rip cut Ray off.

"To be heroes." He corrected. "And saving a town from a marauding gang of criminals, that is what heroes do." Ray snapped.

Jonah chuckled and turned to me. "Quite a posse of saints you're riding along with nowadays."

XXX

"Hey." I smiled at Sara who clearly was upset.

"Is it something about the mission?"

"No."

"Then don't talk to me." She tried to walk past me, but I put my arm out, stopping her.

"Come on, babe, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that you never told me you used to screw one of my ancestors."

I scoffed. "I didn't screw her. We were just figuring things out. And then I left."

"Why?"

"Calvert."

"What about Calvert?"

"It's not my story to tell, Sara. It's Rip's."

She chuckled sarcastically. "I don't believe you." She pushed my arm and walked away. I was much worse than dead.

XXX

"Howdy." Ray said as he, Jonah, Sammy, and I walked into the local jail. "I'm Ray-" He cut himself off. "John Wayne." He said in a heavy accent.

"Is he always that stupid?" Sammy whispered into my ear.

"Yeah." I nodded my head.

"What do you want Mr. Wayne?"

"Well, I, uh, reckon you could use another hand with the stillwater gang."

"You gang have any experience in law enforcement?"

"Well, I have a fair amount of experience fighting crime."

"Congratulations then." He handed a badge labeled sheriff to Ray.

"You're making me your deputy?" Ray asked.

"Nope, just made you the new sheriff." He picked up his briefcase.

"Excuse me what?" Ray asked, shocked.

"The Stillwater gang has been shooting up this town for months now. It's only by the grace of the good lord that I'm not pushing daisies myself." The sheriff explained. "And I am done with pushing my luck."

"But you're the-" The sheriff left. "Sheriff."

"Congratulations." Sammy said to him.

"By the way, you might find a warrant or two out for me and Sammy around these parts." Jonah told him.

XXX

"Sammy." I called after as she walked away.

"Jessie." She said in response.

"Look, I was hoping you could talk to Sara." I said hopefully.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because her name is Sara Lance. She's your great great great great great great granddaughter. And she's pissed because she thinks that we were serious." I explained.

"What did you tell her?"

"That we were trying to figure it out and then I left."

"Fine. I'll try."

XXX

Sara's POV

There was a knock at my bedroom door. I looked up and saw none other than my however many times great grandmother she was.

"Pretty sure you're lost-" I paused. "I'm sorry, Sammy, was it?"

"Ah, the famous Lance attitude." My eyes went wide. "Your little girlfriend told me I'm your ancestor." She walked in.

"What else did she tell you?" I crossed my arms over my chest defensively.

"That you think we were serious." She sat down across from me. "As Jessie and Rip would put it, this time is very unenlightened, so it took me a while to figure out what I wanted. And once I did it was too late. Now, I've known Jessie for a while, and I know she loves you. So don't throw that away because you're afraid." She patted my shoulder and got up.

A/N

I may or may not have time to update one chapter, but I won't be sure for an hour or so, so I guess we'll see what happens. Hope you guys enjoy!