The aftermath...

"Excuse me, Captain Hunter." I had reluctantly agreed to stay in my room and I made Gideon keep me updated on the timeline. More specifically my parents.

"Yes? Did something happen?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

XXX

I stormed into the bridge with tears littering my face. Everyone was there. But I only had my eyes set out on one person. Rip. He turned just in time for me to punch him. He fell to the floor. I practically jumped on top of him and kept hitting him until many pairs of hands started pulling me off of Rip. "I told you this was a bad idea!" I yelled at him.

"What the bloody hell are you talking about?" He held his face.

"Gideon?" I asked the AI.

"Our mission merely cemented Per Degaton's legacy. Instead of five years, the Armageddon Virus will be unleashed in a matter of days."

"The same virus that killed my parents. Because of you I lost five years with the two people who mean the most to me."

"Hey, we all had a part in this." Ray defended Rip.

"But was it your idea to come here? He knew the risks that it could have on my family and he still did it!" At this point Sara stepped in front of me.

"Hey, babe, let's just take a minute. Catch your breath." I loved this woman. I knew how much I loved her. But, all I could see was me when I looked at her, how broken I was. And how I knew she deserved so much better. Instead of answering her, I turned away and walked out of the bridge, knowing she would follow me.

"Babe, you gotta talk to me, what's going on."

"What's going on?" I laughed sarcastically. "What's going on is that I just lost my parents. For the second time in my life. And it's horrible."

"Then we can get through it together."

"No we can't." I shook my head in denial.

"Why not?"

"Because I cheated on you." I lied through my teeth.

"You and I both know that's not true." I looked at Snart who was ever so conveniently walking down the hallway. I left my room, grabbed him, pressed against the wall, and kissed him. It was disgusting, but it had to be done. I looked back to Sara.

"Happy now?"

She maintained eye contact with me, but her words were directed to Snart. "Snart, can you give us a minute." I didn't hear him argue, but instead simply walked away. "Babe-" She stepped closer to me and ran her fingers through my hair.

"Don't call me that." I moved her hand.

"We said all in. I'm not going to walk away because of some stupid impulsive decision that you made to get me to walk away. Now, tell me what's wrong."

"What's wrong is that I feel like a piece of shit! I feel so broken and I can't fix it! And I would do anything to fix it." I raised my voice. "I would trade my life just so I didn't feel this way anymore! And you deserve someone better than me. Someone who isn't as screwed up as me." I paced around, but eventually stopped, still screaming and crying. Sara took a step closer to me, but I didn't fight it this time. I let her walk up to me and hug me. I was too tired of fighting. Too sick of trying to change destiny. Instead I dug my head into her shoulder and I just stood there crying as I felt Sara's hand trace over my back.

A/N

Sorry, I know this chapter is shorter than usual, but I felt like this breakdown deserved its own chapter. Hope you enjoy!