Chapter 17

"Denied."

Lumine and Paimon deadpanned at the Lucian Archon's words.

Why you may ask? Simple. Yae Miko encouraged them to try and communicate with the God of Solidarity, so they can atleast get more help with the Vision Hunt Decree.

"Traveller, my relationship with the Raiden Shogun..is not stable. To put it simply, we do not get along in any circumstances." Danafor's holographic self spoke first.

"If I were to step foot within her Nation, it would lead to a much bigger problem" Lumine sighed heavily as she sat on a rock with Paimon trying to comfort her.

Danafor noticed this and smiled softly. "But worry you shall not, you are free to talk to me in any time you need me." He said as Lumine looked up to the hologram.

"Those who recieved the Lucian element directly from the Lucian Archon is able to communicate through this hologram, and that includes you aswell." Lumine smiled at the said black-haired male.

"Wait..Paimon is just confused. Why is it that you dont get along with Baal in the first place?" Paimon questioned earning a chuckle from Danafor.

"As you can see, Baal or the Raiden Shogun is not part of the Original Seven. Back when she was just a 'shadow God' many of us do not understand her ways of bringing Eternity to her nation" Danafor explained.

"Baal doesnt exactly hate the Anemo Archon, they just dont get along. As for me.."

Danafor sighed.

"Somehow, when I opposed her ideals of Eternity, she swore to her life that she will hate me. For I, do not know anything about Eternity." Paimo nods while Lumine listened silently.

"When the Archon War was near its end, Baal decided to take me on a duel of death." Paimon gasps in fear.

"A Duel of Death!? But wait..If its a Duel of Death then why is she alive?" Paimon muttered.

Danafor chuckled. "I am not a vengeful God. For I seek the peace and unity within my people. Therefore, I spared her life." He answered.

"Thats right! Now that you mention it..Electro and Lucian can be both used in something to run away! You know because their fast?" Paimon said as she turned to the blonde-traveller.

"Indeed." Danafor confirmed.

"Paimon heard Xiao say something about light though..What was it..?" Paimon thought.

Her eyes lit up.

Flashback

"The Light travels faster than sound. It is faster than Lightning itself.." Xiao spoke with his arms crossed in his chest.

"Anyone who manages to recieve the blessings of a Lucian Vision is indeed pure luck." He continued.

Flashback end

"Yeah thats what Xiao told us before hand" Lumine confirmed.

"You are correct, child. I am not saying that the Raiden Shogun is weak against me and my element." Danafor chuckled.

"I actually had a hard time defeating her back then too.." Paimon and Lumine looked at the said God with shock in their faces.

"With that aside..Will there be anymore questions? The hologram has its time limits aswell.." the said holographic God mentioned.

"Oh! Back when Lumine passed out, what exactly happened to Scaramouche?" Paimon asked curiously.

Danafor hummed. "Oh? I simply made him beg on his knees for mercy.." he shrugged.

"Eh!?"

"H-how!?"

"That would be a story for another time.."

"Without furthur a do, I shall end this transaction..Remember children, I will always be with you." Danafor smiled.

And with that the holographic image of Danafor disappeared in thin air.

"Ooh! Paimon feels really warm when talking to him!" Paimon cooed while Lumine nods in agreement.

"Wait..Why dont we try and use the Lucian element to atleast do some changes to Teppei!" Paimon blurts out.

The blonde-traveler's eyes widened in realization as she looks up to Paimon, before nodding in determination.

****

Danafor sighed as he watched the blonde-haired traveller through his crystal ball along with his Assistant, Hubert.

"You really must care for the traveller, dont you My Lord?" Hubert spoke up earning a nod.

"Indeed..She's going through various hardships to find her twin brother." He answered.

"Aether was it? Wasnt he the boy you took in after the destruction?" Danafor looked at his assistant who agreed. "Yes My Lord.." he replied.

"Such a shame..He was driven out of anger towards the Gods and strives to over throw Celestia along with the Abyss Order.." Hubert explained.

The blonde-haired male sighed. "All that for revenge of the Godless land of Khaenri'ah.."

Flashback

Aether's eyes widened in horror as he fell on his knees. Tears streaming down his face as he merely watched the only nation who helped him getting destroyed.

Khaenri'ah was destroyed.

He watched as the citizens of the nation turned into hideous monsters which bubbled the anger within him even more.

Having no choice, he fled to the only nation that was near and safer.

The Nation of Ataraxia.

Upon arriving, he was looking around in fear and in confusion.

Until a hand was placed into his shoulder making him turn around.

"Hello, are you perhaps a survivor of Khaenri'ah?" The man asked making Aether nod frantically.

"Do not fret, I am Hubert and I assure you that you are greeted within the land of the God of Solidarity with open arms.." Hubert smiled warmly at the boy.

"What is your name, boy?"

Aether sucked in a breathe.

"Aether..My name is Aether.."