Chapter 23

(A/N: I am not the best at writing battle scenes so please be patient with me)

"I suppose we can call this a Duel before the Throne, is it not?"

Rhysand grits his teeth as he continued to launch his attacks towards his older brother, who held an unamused face.

"Call it as you wish, I will win and forever succumb Ataraxia into a land of eternal night and perpetual despair!" He shouted making Danafor narrow his eyes.

"Well then, enlighten me if you must Rhysand.." He declared.

Placing the flute in his lips, he released a rather rigid tune as a ball of Lucian prowess builds up within the tips of the instrument.

The Sustainer of Darkness winced at the tune as the grip on his weapon tightened.

Danafor snapped his glowing eyes towards his brother as the sphere of concentrated Lucian prowess began to mould itself into a polearm.

He grabs a hold of the said polearm, twisting it in his wrist before he pointed the weapon towards Rhysand.

"But whatever may happen to both of us in the end of this duel, I'll have you know that Ataraxia will stand forth and free themselves from your tyrannical rule!" He announced with pride laced in his tone.

Rhysand laughed at this. "Oh is that so?"

He launched forward and swung his sword towards Danafor who dodged it narrowly.

Danafor flicks his wrist, making the polearm twirl with elegance before slamming it on the ground. As blinding beams of light began to rise from it, making Rhysand wince at the brightness.

Rhysand growls in frustration as his body began to coat itself with a beautiful night blue aura.

This made Danafor's eyes widen a little.

"Oh? Are you trying to imply that we are to continue this duel in that small headspace of yours? My, thats rather..irrational.." Danafor shaked his head in amusement.

"Heh..Not so..Infact, its the opposite!"

The sudden surge of power coming from Rhysand made a huge wave of violent pumps of air making Danafor stumble a bit.

The Lucian Archon couldnt help but tighten the hold of his weapon as he watched his younger brother loosing himself furthur into despair.

Rhysand's laughs echoed all over Ataraxia, earning the attention of both Assistants.

"Oh..? Seems like his Highness is finally giving in.."Calius chuckled in amusement, as his black eyes gazed upon his brother who was bloodied but still standing.

"Sir Rhysand has no match for My Lord!" Hubert argued earning a scoff from Calius.

"Silence..! This form of his Highness is his strongest pull..No one can widstand the power he holds once he transforms!" He said with pure joy.

Hubert gaze towards his brother softened. "Calius..Why..What made you like this?" He whispered.

But Calius merely scoffed at his words before making his way towards Hubert.

He grasps his brother's chin rather roughly as his pupiless black orbs crashed with green ones.

"Oh the betrayal..Dont you remember..?" Calius started.

"Neglected you are. Yet you manage to get this far" He sighed before releasing Hubert's chin.

"You left me there to die!"

The laughter died down as the harsh winds began to tone down.

Danafor looked at his brother with pure horror and disbelief.

This wasnt Rhysand..The little brother he cherished oh so much.

But the glint on Rhysand's eyes screamed all the emotions he was forced to lock away.

This was indeed not Rhysand.

His eyes has screamed for help. Danafor knows it all too well.

"HAHA! Witness my great power, Ataraxia!" A deep voice came out from Rhysand's mouth.

Infront of him was a humanoid creature, had Rhysand's ultramarine blue hair yet it was slicked up. His shining silver eyes had turned blood red with black slits in them.

"Who are you?" Danafor spoke rather calmly, yet he was in uttered disbelief.

"I am Night Terror! The sole creature who has taken control of Rhysand!" The humanoid introduced himself proudly.

Danafor's gold eyes shook as he fought back the tears from falling.

All this time..Rhysand giving in to his envious state was merely because of this creature..?

The sole reason why Rhysand rebelled on his own people and became a tyrannical ruler..Night Terror has been playing tricks on his brother's mind. He didnt like it one bit.

"Punishment is not enough for you to atone the sins you have done to my brother." He muttered earning a small laughter from Night Terror.

"Foolish! You are nothing but a Foolish man, Fido." Night Terror said with a dark smirk plastered on his face.

"Now that I have taken control over your pesky little brother, I will have everyone in Teyvat bow to their knees in submission!" He continued before crackling in evil laughter.

The Lucian Archon clicks his tongue, having a battle in his mind.

"There must be some way to defeat this creature without hurting Rhysand.."He thought.

His eyes lit up before he tightly grips on his polearm.

"Thats right! His headspace! Rhysand always had a headspace where he often locks himself.."

Weapons clashing was evident as they fought for dominance. One for the protection and solidarity of the Nation and one for tyrannical rule.

"Dont you worry, my dear brother..Im coming!"

(A/N: Im sorry if this was updated late ;-; Here is the edited version of the original!)