Chapter 31

Calius groaned as he squints his eyes, a hand was above his head shielding his eyes from the flashing lights.

Soon the lights began to die down, as the said boy gasped.

Everything...was restored!

"B-but..I dont understand..My curse..I thought this ceremony would backfire?" he questioned.

Venti grinned. "Well, turns out the only reason as to why you end up destroying everything is because of the deep grudge you hold against Hubert!" he chirped.

Calius raised an eyebrow towards the Anemo Archon. "Deep grudge..against Hubert?"

The bard nodded his head, the braids framing his face slightly bouncing.

"The more anger you have pent up, the more you are bound to destroy what is in your way.." Danafor spoke up, a warm smile present in his face.

Rhysand lightly ruffled the boy's head, earning a slight whine from him.

"Destruction is not a curse, child..Its a gift"

Calius's eyes widened in disbelief.

All his entire life he was brainwashed and forced to accept the fact that destruction will always be on the bad side, and will forever be on the bad side.

Just like the Two Gods, he envied his older brother Hubert. He remembered how his older brother would get praises from simple deeds he does using his powers.

While he was left with insults and unfulfilled expectations.

As such, hearing this from one of the most powerful among The Seven, gave him a new road to walk ahead.

A cough snapped him out of his thoughts, as he turned to see a whole new version of the Lucian Archon.

He stood infront of them with a stern face, cold eyes with his arms crossed.

"I have finally decided that instead of me taking judgement of your punishments, why not let the people decide?" he suggested.

Calius and Rhysand visibly flinched at this, as Venti was trying his best not to laugh at the sight.

Using his power, Hubert teleported infront of the Ataraxian Castle's doors.

Which the insides of the gates were filled to the brim with victims of the ambush.

The people began to notice the presence of their worshipped God and began to cheer, praising him for winning the battle.

But it died down the moment Rhysand and Calius stepped up.

Danafor took a deep breathe. "My beloved people, I am happy to see you in one piece. Having been to experience yet another battle inside this nation, it must pain you greatfully.." he spoke in sorrow.

"I am not a perfect God.." he started, as he began to stride around the place, watching as the people sat down to listen to his words.

"I was not present when The Forbidden Rule had take place.." he continued.

"This phenomenon happened a century after the Cataclysm..Many of those who seeked shelter from the long gone nation of Khaenri'ah came here and pleaded to be saved. Thus, provided."

Danafor sighed. "The Forbidden Rule had taken place when I was still recovering from the Archon War."

"I hear your cries and pleas. Yearning for my presence to save you all from slavery and great despair"

His hands tightened into a fist, gritting his teeth in frustration. "Yet I did nothing. I am an irresponsible God. Instead of taking action, I relied on my very own assistant.."

He chuckled brokenly. "This is the burden I always carried. The warm welcome you all gave me when I returned was something I do not deserve." he smiled at his people. "With this burden, I am insecure. In your eyes, you see a perfect God, with no imperfections!"

"But someone as flawless as I, make mistakes myself.." Danafor spoke.

Danafor looks at his younger brother who looked like he was about to pee himself.

"The return of our very own Archon of Night, not as exciting. I know" he mused.

Placing a hand in his chest, his gold eyes watched as his subjects remain silent.

"I do not ask of you to forgive him all that easily. What he has done cannot be reverted, thus I speak of this matter to you" he announced.

"I cannot think of a punishment for my own brother. My loyal subjects, I am giving you this huge opportunity to set in stone the punishment they are to put through!" Danafor spoke with a tad loudness in his tone.

The crowd awe'd at their God's wish.

Rhysand smiled sadly, as he awaited his punishment and so did Calius.

The whole crowd was silent, the tension was everywhere.

But then---A small tug on his left sleeve caught the attention of the Archon of Night. As he looked down, his eyes slightly widen when a little girl was standing next to him.

A bright smile in her chubby cheeks, as she held a primrose flower.

"Please raise the moon for us again, Lord Rhysand! We don' want Lord Dan'for to be tired all the time 'cuz he needed to raise the moon.." the little girl spoke, a pout in her lips.

The said girl held the flower up to the Archon, who had tears building up in the corners of his eyes, and later on took the flower in his larger hands.

"Raise the moon for us again!!"

"Lord Rhysand! Please let us see you raise the Moon again!!"

"My Lord! Oh, how I long to see the moon being raised by the Archon of Night!"

"Raise the Moon!! Raise the Moon!!"

The sudden erruption of cheers shocked Rhysand, the tears began to drip down his cheeks.

This was no punishment..But he now has his duty back into raising the moon.

Danafor grinned. "Every first week and last week of the month, a ceremony shall be raised in honor of the Archon of Night's belowing of the Moon!"

Placing a hand on his younger brother's shoulder, he added. "There we will witness the First Raise and the Last Raise of the Moon in the month.."

The crowd cheered even louder at this, they now had more excitement to hold during the first week and last week.

They were eager to see their Archon of Night raise the beautiful moon.

Rhysand looks at his assistant with a determined look. "Calius, if I am correct, today is the end of the month, right?" the assistant nodded.

The said Archon raised his head. "My children of the Night, the Last Raise will commence tonight! Prepare your bountiful offers and graces!" he announced.

Cheers of many people were heard around the castle.

Calius and Hubert looked at each other as they each placed their hands in their chest and bowed to their Gods.

"We are Happy to serve you, My Lord/Your Highness!"

Kissing the top of his shorter fianceé, Danafor side-hugged Venti.

"Are you coming tonight, My King?" Danafor asked earning a grin from Venti.

Venti excitedly launched his smaller figure to Danafor who chuckled.

"Heck yes! There would be wine everywhere!" he chirped cheerfully.

Danafor sighed. "Whatever you say, My King.."