Chapter 25

Laughters filled with joy occupated the large garden outside the castle.

Two young brothers chasing each other as one tried to run away from the other whilst the other tried to catch them.

"Halt!" The boy with ultramarine hair shouted as he stopped running to catch a breathe of air. A chuckle was heard from another boy.

His locks of soft blonde framed his face as he stopped on his tracks, letting his younger brother catch his breath.

"Rhysand, you are aware that Mother and Father are returning soon..Right?" The boy, Danafor, spoke.

This made Rhysand pout as he grips on his older brother's hands. "Dont ruin the fun!" He whined making the older brother giggle.

Both brothers laid on the healthy grass beneath them, as soft ribbons of wind blowed against them.

"I wish it was always like this, dont you agree, Rhysand?" Danafor peers his gaze towards his younger brother, who did the same.

"Yeah..But hey!"

Danafor raised an eyebrow as he watched the blue-haired boy sit up with a determined look in his face.

The smile he wore always brightened him up, despite his powers being the opposite.

"No matter what happens..We will be brothers forever! Nothing can stand in our way!" Rhysand swore as his pinky finger rised.

Gold eyes softened at the sight. His younger brother's happy silver orbs always makes the day better.

Interlocking his pinky with his brother's, he reciprocated the smile.

"That can be arranged..No matter what circumstances we face in the future" he started.

"We will always be brothers!"

Rhysand smiled at the memory

His silver orbs made its way towards his older brother who was busy meditating.

Currently, they were working together to free themselves from his own headspace.

Even though he fully knows that Danafor has the capability to simply snap his fingers and he was free from the chains of envy weighted on him by Night Terror.

"What seems to be the problem, Rhysand?"

He snapped out of his daze when he heard his older brother's voice.

"Rethinking..of old memories..Thats all.." he mumbled.

Danafor kept his eyes closed as an amused chuckle left his lips.

His once black hair had turn into its original soft blonde color were slightly flowing.

"Do not fear, Rhysand..I may be a hologram but I am fully aware of what is happening outside your headspace.."

Rhysand's eyes sparkled in curiosity as he sat down beside the holographic version of his brother.

"Really? Whats happening??" He asked curiously.

Danafor chuckled.

"I have Night Terror under control, sugar plum.."

The silver eyes male flushed in embarrassment as he tried to hit his brother, only for it to go through his hand

"How many times do I have to remind you, not to call me such childish nicknames!" He protested.

"But I thought you loved being called sugar plum? Or was it..My sweet little brother?" Danafor teased.

An embarrassed groan escaped the blue-haired man's lips as he continued to try and hit him.

"Im a hologram, sweetie..You cannot Physically hurt me"

"Stop!!" He whined.

The two peered at each other silently, before errupting into chuckles and giggles.

"I missed this.." Rhysand muttered making the Archon beside him hum in agreement.

"To think that both of us won the Archon War together..Yet here I am.."

Rhysand's silver eyes dulled as he reminisced all his wrong actions.

"The Archon of Night, straying from the path of Solidarity.." he trailed as his voice grew weak.

Tears filled his silver eyes as he brought up his arm to cover them, embarrassed that he was crying infront of his Older brother.

"The pain deep inside the people of Ataraxia..Was all because of me.." he hiccups, tears continued to seep out of his eyes.

"Everything..All of this was my fault!"

"Now now, do not sugar-coat your wrong doings all too much.."

Rhysand removed his hand away from his face as he peers towards Danafor.

"Indeed you have strayed from the path of Solidarity..Your duties needed to perfom as the Archon of Night have long be vanquished because of your foolish thinking.." Danafor trails off.

"But that does not mean you have been vanished from Ataraxia, Rhysand.." he looks at the said male who stared at him with wide eyes.

"Ataraxia..A nation we built together as we took the seats as the Eighth Archons. A nation we built for our strong bond."

"The wounds left on our nation may still be here, but they are healing..Slow process as you call it" Danafor chuckled as his gold eyes gazed towards his brother.

His eyes held care in them as his holographic arm touched Rhysand's tear stained cheek.

"Ataraxia is not Ataraxia without its legion of Gods. We stood forth into ruling this nation together.."

"Ataraxia needs you as much as I do too, Rhysand.."

"B-but..My rule towards them..! I..I..All the years of endless suffering I gave them!" He shouted as tears dribbled on his cheeks.

"Ataraxia doesnt need me anymore!" He announced, his silver eyes glowed in anger yet they held extreme pain and despair.

He expected Danafor to flinch at his sudden outburst.

But he recieved a warm smile instead.

"Ataraxia is ruled by both the Sustainer of Light and Darkness.."

"Without Yin, Yang cannot function.."

"And so does Ataraxia without its Archon of Night" he continued.