CH 25: YOU CAN HURT ME

Saturday couldn't have arrived soon enough

Saturday couldn't have arrived soon enough. Like all the other days of the week, I came home on Friday night exhausted and weak, falling into bed right away. However, I made sure to turn off all my alarms for the morning, allowing my body the rest it desperately needed. I couldn't possibly find any other reason to wake up early, and sleep would do me plenty of benefits. In the middle of the night, my eyes fluttered open, but I shut them tight again, blindly taking off the clothes I had been wearing. Feeling the claustrophobia waive off me, I turned over and fell asleep again, confident that nothing could wake me up any more till the morning came.

Saturday morning, I treated myself to a bath with a glass of wine to give me company, and then I put on my cutest dress to go out of the house and eat a nice breakfast. I could eat my sorrows away, and I had the money for it. I spent the day watching movies and eating insane amounts of carbs, falling asleep sometime in the late afternoon. I woke by just around dusk if the sky outside was any indication. Feeling the need to do something with all my energy, I headed to the kitchen first, taking the effort and time to make a luxurious creamy pasta. I had music playing in the marvellous and amazing speaker system that went through the whole house, dancing and celebrating the end of a terrible week. Even when the sauce and pasta were ready separately, I found the need to cook more, and I found myself looking up ingredients to make some fudgy brownies.

In the middle of mixing the batter, I heard some commotion on the other side of the door. Maybe he has guests over. This was the first I was ever hearing of him having people over. His home was usually a very private place. In the two months that I had been here, I hadn't even seen a single date come in, or anyone who could be deemed a friend.

I stopped the whisking when I heard a rather loud sound, almost like thunder. The sky outside hadn't been cloudy at all, but I still wanted to check. Before I could even get out of the kitchen, I heard another loud sound, unmistakably of glass shattering. Jesus, what the hell was Aiden doing? The third noise was a loud, gut-wrenching and almost heartbreaking scream, and that was the sound that set me into action. Turning off all the heat in the kitchen I rushed towards Aiden's apartment and ringing the bell.

There was another sound of glass smashing and I wondered if stepping in was a good idea at all. But the fears would have to wait till she would know Aiden was safe and okay.

What if he was getting kidnapped? I should have known his bank details. At least a contact in his family... Where on earth was I going to pay the ransom from? Multimillionaires like Aiden don't come cheap, and I had an inkling that the number would be too big to even fathom.

Oh, shut up Thea. As if anyone would call his neighbour for ransom instead of the family.

Right. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to take comfort in that or panic even harder, but I kept buzzing the bell, hoping my stupidity didn't get me killed. When the door opened, I didn't know if I wanted to be relieved or scared that Aiden showed up, looking haggard and in the worst shape I'd ever seen him.