01

🐕┊MOTORCYCLES, chapter one.

˚➶

THE sound of your motorbike revving seemed to catch the eyes of nearly every person around, diverting their attention to you. meaningless murmurs poured from everyone's mouths as they watched you park your bike and then effortlessly jump off.

they stared eagerly, noticing that you were the only person who now owned a matte black motorcycle, and waited for a face reveal. being new to the school and all, you were somewhat expecting some attention, but you assumed that would be when you're actually inside the building.

you weren't really a fan of attention - you weren't shy or socially inept, you just didn't care enough about people's opinons on you. once you had taken the heavy helmet off and replaced it with a bucket hat, you could hear a few 'she's hot' and 'she's the new one, ain't she?''s.

you knew you were hot, had you walked to school and silently slipped into the crowd without anyone knowing, you would've still known your hot, what with your multiple piercings that danced up your ear and sat on your nose and your exceptional taste in clothing;

today, you wore an oversized black sweatshirt that was tucked into some baggy cargo pants, tied together with a fanny back across your torso, some belt chains and your platform boots. though it was summer, you felt no need to show off your body, though you never bashed people who did.

as you were about to leave your motorcycle and get to class, you were stopped by a boy, reasonably taller than you, a grin on his face. his black bangs covered most of his face, but he still looked decent to you.

"hey, your bike is so-"

"ahh, shin, tryna pick up another lady? wouldn't this be your twenty-first time getting rejected?" a lively, smiling boy the same height as who you assumed was called 'shin' had wrapped his arm around his head, forcing him into a tough-looking headlock, laughing at him struggling.

"he's been rejected by like, a shit ton of women," he whispered to you. you nodded your head, wondering why he decided to repeat that. "dude, let me go, for real," shinichiro begged under the grasp of his friend. the friend took the opportunity to introduce himself and hold a hand out for you.

"hey, my name is haru, it's good to meet you, i'm shin's best friend," he smiled with an outstretched arm. you refused to acknowledge his hand, and instead nodded. 'shin' stifled a laugh, earning a sharp nudge from his haru.

"anyways, i'm gonna dip. stay safe, you two," he winked mischievously as he ran to his class. "i'm sorry about him," 'shin' chuckled sheepishly. "he's always like that whenever i talk to girls. i'm shinichiro, but you can call me shin," he introduced himself.

you nodded your head simply. "you're not much of a talker, are you?" shinichiro laughed awkwardly. "why must i tell you my name? we aren't friends," you finally spoke. a bit taken aback at how deep and raspy your voice was (for a girl), shinichiro laughed.