13

🐕┊MOTORCYLES, chapter thirteen.

˚➶

"HEY, beautiful. are you free right now?" shinichiro had unexpectedly called your phone, at 10 o'clock in the evening. "it's 10pm, shin, of course i'm free," you said lightheartedly.

"good, because i'm at your house right now. open your curtains."

you sighed with a smile, getting up and dragging your curtains, your grin growing at the sight of the small figure waving to you. "you bought your motorcycle?" you asked with a frown over the phone, never leaving shinichiro's eyes.

"yeah, wanna take you somewhere," shinichiro explained. "get a coat, [name], let's go," shinichiro urged you. "should i bring some money?" you asked. "we aren't going shopping and as if i'd let you pay for anything anyway," shinichiro scoffed.

"okay, hang on," you said, ending the call and hurriedly grabbing the biggest coat you saw before switching your light off and rushing downstairs. your mum wasn't home at the moment, but you would text her later letting her know of your location.

when you opened the door, shinichiro was right there and immediately stole a kiss from you, his hands already at your waist. "missed you," he smiled after pulling away. "missed you too, shin."

he dragged you over to his motorcycle, handing you the helmet he recently bought for you. "you ready?" he asked. you nodded, sitting behind him, your arms automatically wrapping around his waist.

the two of you drove for 10 minutes, your head against shinichiro's back. you instinctively hugged him tighter, savouring his smell mixed with the earthy scent of outside.

shinichiro drove to an overgrown, secluded area of town above the landscape where you could see all of the glowing lights of the city. when he mounted his motorcycle, he took your hand and headed to a clean-ish patch where you two could sit.

"i love us," shinichiro began, eyes fixed ahead of him. you turned your head soflty, admiring the small smile that was perched on his lips. "don't you?" shinichiro asked, now making eye contact with you.

"of course i do." you're the best thing that's happened to me, you wanted to say. so you did. "you're the best thing that's happened to me," you admitted, your cheeks heating up.

"really?" shinichiro asked, smiling with eyes. you nodded, smiling at his smile. "i could say the exact same, [name]," shinichiro confessed.

"i'm sorry," you began suddenly. "i feel like, at some points, we're one-sided. i've never loved anyone like i love you, so i have trouble expressing that," you rambled. "i really do love you."

the two of you fell into a sudden silence. you gad barely registered your words. you've never told him that you loved him. you were certainly planning on doing so having felt this way about shinichiro for some time now, but it wasn't like you regretted it.

shinichiro stared at you in awe, lips slightly parted. "i love you, too," shinichiro whispered. "i love you, too," he said louder, breaking into a gleeful grin. you chuckled, swiping loose strands of hair away from your face. "how many of your 20 women have you said that too?" you joked.

shinichiro nudged you playfully, rolling his eyes. "just you, [name]. you're the only person i've ever loved," he told you, making your stomach jump and your heart thump against your chest.

he brought a hand around your shoulder, hugging you closer so that your head was on his shoulder. you sighed calmly, closing your eyes.

this was nice. just the two of you. two lovers. two people who love each other, two people who love each other loving each other together.

you played with shinichiro's larger, ringed fingers, twisting the ring. "thank you, shin," you murmured. "why're you thanking me?" he questioned, looking down at you.

"because i'm so happy now, because of you. thank you for making me happy. thank you for everything," you told him, and when you looked up, you gifted him with one of your genuine smiles, the smile that made shinichiro's stomach leap, his cheeks red and his chest soft.

"geez..." he blushed, covering his cheeks with his hand. "stop it, you're embarrassing me. and i guess i should say thank you to you as well. for letting me love you," he said. shinichiro loves loving you.

now it was your turn to grow flustered, avoiding eye contact with the raven-haired, until he pulled you by your chin, kissing you. the kiss was only split because you two broke into a smile into it, causing your teeth to knock into each other.

"ya think that if you never arrived on your motorcycle we wouldn't be here right now?" shinichiro asked after a while. you pondered. things would certainly be different. but shinichiro shook his head and answered the question himself: "probably not. i think i would've approached you one way or another."

"ah, because i'm just that amazing?" you joked, but shinichiro nodded his head. "yeah, exactly."

"how did you guess the name of my motorcycle?" you asked suddenly, referring to the first day you had ever met. shinichiro chuckled, "not saying," he stuck his tongue out.

"tease," you scolded quietly, but adjusted yourself so that you were more comfortable with him. and then it was quiet. you two bathed in the comfortable silence that was upon you, just admiring the landscape. just listening to the cars beeping and the wind whilsting. listening to each other's heartbeat.

you never wanted to lose what you had shinichiro. you never wanted this to end. shinichiro was one of the two people in your life you didn't want to lose.

for the first fime ever, you had fallen in love.

˚➶

FIN.